1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius II 2010 upholstery options

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ibush, Oct 4, 2010.

1. ibush

ibush New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    i just bought a dark grey (exterior) prius II 2010 and it has light grey upholstery. i was told at the dealership that you can no longer get dark grey/charcoal grey upholstery (even as a leather upgrade) for the 2010 prius i bought unless i had special ordered my prius from japan. is that really true? did prius do away with darker upholstery colors? (i know toyota used to offer dark grey upholstery--both standard and leather upgrade.)
    i was told that the only upholstery color choices available in the 2010 models are tan or light grey: tan interior goes with the red exterior; light grey interior goes with the silver or dark grey exterior.
    can someone confirm this for me?
    thanks!

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Perhaps they are just talking about what is on the ground in that region. I am sure the 2011s will have the dark interior available. I suspect you can't order a 2010 from Japan at this point (2011).

3. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think that your car salesman must be a former politician who just lost an election - he lied.

Keith

4. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Car salesmen and politicians have one thing in common, you can always tell when they're lying because their lips are moving!

My local dealership has a Silver V on their showroom with the dark grey leather interior, and they recently sold a Red IV with the dark grey leather interior!

5. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It can depend on your region. Misty Gray, for example, is not very frequently allocated to Southern California and therefore rare around here.

6. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It would be completely and utterly lame to do away with the dark Gray interior. I don't think there is any truth to that.

7. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have seen some pics of the light grey interiors with dark grey door inserts and console cover. In other pics, the doors and center console are light grey. The pics state they are both IIs. What am i missing here?

8. Seamaster

Seamaster Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    Depends on your territory.

In the UK, the dark grey faux-Alcantara cloth trim is standard on all colours except Orion (aka Ribbon) Blue, which gets light grey.