1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius II / BluLogic / IPod Integration

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Danorob, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Danorob

Danorob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

I purchased a Blizzard White 2010 Prius II about 3 weeks ago, after ready this wonderful forum for the last several months... I hate to start another thread about this, but no dealer in NJ, nor Toyota in CA can answer my question...

The car came with the BluLogic Hands free system as a port installed option (it was on the factory window sticker)... With the Non-JBL system in the Prius II, & the BluLogic, can you still install the Ipod integration kit in this model?

I have ready every thread, but can not find one where someone installed it with the BluLogic kit as well...

Thanks for all you help,
    Dan

2. Danorob

Danorob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just wanted to take a moment to let everyone know that it is possible to add the I-Pod integration kit to a 2010 Prius Level II that has the Port Installed BluLogic Hands Free system...

It Actually works flawlessly...

As a side note I did not purchase the Toyota Kit but I purchased the USA-SPEC kit from Crutchfield... It was only $159.00 and I confirmed with USA-SPEC that they do provide the kit to Toyota, and they are in fact the same kit... The only difference is that Toyota Kit comes with the gromet for the glove box installation...

Since I pulled out the lower bridge and ran the cable to the console, that did not matter for me...

It also DOES show the text in the Radio Display - It can show the Disc/Track Number, The Artist, the the Title...

Again - Since no one could really answer my original question, I thought I would take the chance and install it, and i'm glad I did... As I said, it works perfectly...

Hope this helps out anyone else who may have a level II and want to add the I-Pod kit...

Dan

1 person likes this.
  3. Pharcee

Pharcee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey Dan, glad to see it works. I've been wanting to do the same thing with mine as well. I have one question though, can you control the ipod/playlist/artists/albums from the steering wheel?

thanks in advance.

Pharcee

4. sdetweil

sdetweil New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Is that the PA15-TOY product? the PA20-TOY says for NAV units, which would not be in a Level II.. but the manual doesn't say Nav..

Sam

5. Danorob

Danorob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

The one I purchased from Crutchfield was the PA20-TOY...
    Dan