1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius II company vehicle. Fleet sales long lead time?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by baconrocket, Mar 10, 2010.

1. baconrocket

baconrocket New Member

Model:
    II
    So my company ordered me a Prius II in mid February. According to fleet.toyota.com the delivery date on all priora ordered before march 10 will be mid July. Am I doomed to wait almost 5 months for my vehicle when there are hundreds of vehicles just like the one that was ordered on the lots, or will toyota source one from it's own inventory? Am i reading this info incorrectly?

2. Bspatz

Bspatz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Unfortunately, I think so.... I've got a fleet Prius on order too. I placed mine in mid-January, and I've got an expected delivery of late May

3. baconrocket

baconrocket New Member

Model:
    II
    let's hope that we are both wrong.

4. ToyotaFleetManager

ToyotaFleetManager New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The lead times are accurate and usually don't deviate much. Part of the time is due to the lease company processing the necessary paperwork for its client, Toyota, the government and the dealer delivering the vehicle to you.

Also if a vehicle is needed in a hurry the lease company your company is using has the option of purchasing out of an existing dealer's inventory. However in most cases vehicles on dealer's lot are not equipped the way a lease company and it's client specifies and will not involve multi-fleet unit pricing.

5. baconrocket

baconrocket New Member

Model:
    II
    thank you for the info! We actually purchase the vehicles outright instead of lease, a rarity. Sometimes I wonder why we work this way, as we require no special options. Just a prius ii with color options.

6. baconrocket

baconrocket New Member

Model:
    II
    the wait is killing me.

7. Bspatz

Bspatz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Trust me, I know the feeling... There is good news though, my Prius just arrived in town, and is in the process of being prep'd and registered - about 2 weeks earlier than originally expected. They had said week of 5/27, and I should be able to pick it up later this week! :rockon:

8. baconrocket

baconrocket New Member

Model:
    II
    congrats! you ordered mid january? seeing as i ordered mine mid feb that means i might just have 4 more weeks to wait. or possibly we are in the same order cycle? i know they batch process.