1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius III Factory Radio Swap

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Prius_germany, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Prius_germany

Prius_germany New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    greetings from germany =)... i have a 2010 prius 3 and the oem factory radio installt... now i have a oem touch radio from an 2012 prius and want to install it... and i had a few questions...

a) is there evereywhere a install instruction available?!
    b) what must i do to get the fuel information into the radio?!
    c) has some one here do the same operation and can help me when i have specific question =)?

thanks a lot for help

greetings

thomas

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

There are a couple of us in the US working on similar projects; most of what I have learned so far I have been posting on another thread, starting here.

In the US models, there were changes to the wiring harness connectors between '10 and '12 ... looking at the wiring diagrams, generally the same circuits are used but the connector shapes have changed and the pinouts are all shuffled around. The shape of the radio antenna connector and the USB cable connector, if present, can also have changed.

But there were several different radio options (and the EU options may have been different also, for all I know). Really, it is a bit of a research project where you sign into toyota-tech.eu and look at the wiring diagrams for both 2010 and 2012, and start writing down the pinouts for the unit you have and the unit you want to install, and work out which connector/pin in the first column corresponds to which in the second column, and then judge how much trouble it seems.

-Chap