1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius III newbie here

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by mainerinexile, Apr 5, 2010.

1. mainerinexile

mainerinexile No longer in exile!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I've posted a few times as I researched my purchase, but now I'm real: picked up my 2010 Red Prius III w/Nav on Friday.

I'm very happy with 52 mpg so far on my first 1/2 tank of gas, the JBL sound system is great, my cell phones both connected w/ Bluetooth in 5 seconds each and calls are a real dream to experience on the road, and the IPod connected immediately and works very well. And although the FM reception has some static, it is because of the topography here in NH. My former and current Tacoma and (former) Matrix and (former) Corolla had the same FM issue in NH, so I can't blame the Prius. And yes, you've noticed that I've owned Toyota's for a while now, for good reason.

I wonder if Toyota has fixed some of the Prius issues that others have reported on this forum, now that the 2010 is almost year into production. Let's see, can I find something to complain about? Yes--the weather has been too hot lately!

:)

2. F512M

F512M Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats on new Prius. It's a great car.;)

3. chrisengst

chrisengst Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have a two week old silver Prius package II and am getting worse fm reception than my Carolla. I listen to books on tape so not a problem. The computer says I am getting 52 miles to the gallon, which I am very happy with. Playing with the car to get good milage is great fun.

Chris

4. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome, Chris! And stop by (and maybe try your hand at a fuel economy run) at the Green Grand Prix at Watkins Glen, May 8.