1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius in Finland

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by dontcheff, Apr 11, 2005.

1. dontcheff

dontcheff New Member

I am looking for someone in Finland who owns a Prius. Never seen one except mine and the ones I have test driven before I bough the car.

JMD likes this.
  2. Victoriatus

Victoriatus New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dontcheff\";p=\"80110)</div>
    Here, here!

If you're in Helsinki, you should have no problems seeing other Priuses. My dealer told that most if not almost all od the Priuses are in Helsinki or in the capital area.

I'm the only one with a Prius in Oulu and surrounding areas, and the dealership has two demo cars. No other cars have been ordered so far. There's one Prius in Kemi as a taxi, but I've not heard of any others in Northern Finland.

Mine is black, with tinted windows and alcantara upholstery. For the summer season I'll be fitting this ride with Modellista aero part and low down kit + a nice set of rims. Like the avatar, but just black.

3. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    So, quick question, Victoriatus: Is your commute the longest EVER in a Prius...a flying Prius at that?! Your signature suggests that. Just wondering out loud what kind of miles you put on, ha, ha. And if there is another mod out there that enables the "Harry Potter flying gear", I want to know...

PS Your avatar is cool! Hope the mods go well.

4. Victoriatus

Victoriatus New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(finman\";p=\"81476)</div>
    Not quite that long. :mrgreen:

I fly between Finland and France, and not with the Prius. Heh! But this summer I'm planning to drive there through Sweden, Denmark and Germany. I'll get some extra miles from that. Here back home my wife has done most of the driving, and I've barely driven 4-500 km. Huh! Haven't been home much lately. Total is around 3500 km.

The mods should go well if I don't run into problems lowering the Prius *and* fitting large and fat tires under it (215/45R17). The tires alone should be perfectly ok.

5. dontcheff

dontcheff New Member

Mine is also black, also with tinted windows :) I live in Helsinki area (Kirkkonummi) and the only Prius I have seen is a white Prius in Espoo. Besides the ones I testdrove.

Toyota told me that last year only 14 Priuses were registered in Finland for personal use.

6. Victoriatus

Victoriatus New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dontcheff\";p=\"81515)</div>
    True. About 90% of Priuses are bought by companies, and I'd guess for showing off. Like here in Oulu, Polar Electronics has been interested in one, but hasn't ordered yet. Would be a nice car to advertise heart rate monitors. :mrgreen:

7. dontcheff

dontcheff New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Victoriatus\";p=\"81521)</div>
    True. About 90% of Priuses are bought by companies, and I'd guess for showing off. Like here in Oulu, Polar Electronics has been interested in one, but hasn't ordered yet. Would be a nice car to advertise heart rate monitors. :mrgreen:[/b][/quote]

Same here. EON (the Espoo electric company) have bought several Priuses for the same reason like in Oulu (I guess).

8. Andy FI

Andy FI Newbie Gas Saver

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    One Finn more. Are there others? This is quite an old thread so let's revive it as Prius has become A LOT more common in Finland.

9. NorthernHSD

NorthernHSD Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not Prius but Auris HSD. Great car indeed!

10. Ville Nousiainen

Ville Nousiainen New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,
    I would like to have some conversation in finnish.
    You are all welcome to join me in Google+ community: "Prius Suomi"