1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

prius in israel

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by avischwartz, May 30, 2007.

1. avischwartz

avischwartz Junior Member

Hi all,
    I need some advice fairly soon. I live in Jerusalem and I just ordered my first Prius (yay) for delivery of a 2008 model in August. I have been reading, however, that the new battery Prius model will be coming out soon (late 2008 or 2009). When I mentioned this to my dealer he said it would not get to Israel for at least another two years so I should just buy the model I ordered. How can I check if this is true, or not.
    Thank you.
    Avi

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(avi1 @ May 30 2007, 04:16 AM) [snapback]451968[/snapback]</div>
    Shalom Avi,

Reportedly, the next major model change for the Prius is due in late 08. It will be sold as the 09 model. As far as I know, the European specifications Prius is sold in Israel. I doubt that the Israeli market is for the Prius large enough to sustain a separate model or production line, thus the next generation of the Prius should go on sale in Israel at about the same time that it goes on sale in Europe.

The dealer will tell you anything in order to make a sale now. Whether you want to wait depends on how often you replace your cars and how patient you are.