1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius in Israel

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by avischwartz, May 30, 2007.

1. avischwartz

avischwartz Junior Member

Hi all,
    I need some advice fairly soon. I live in Jerusalem and I just ordered my first Prius (yay) for delivery of a 2008 model in August. I have been reading, however, that the new hybrid battery Prius model will be coming out soon (late 2008 or 2009). When I mentioned this to my dealer he said it would not get to Israel for at least another two years so I should just buy the model I ordered. How can I check if this is true, or not.
    Thank you.
    Avi

2. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(avi1 @ May 30 2007, 07:50 AM) [snapback]451988[/snapback]</div>
    I do not know when the next generation battery will be ready - i do not think anyone does - including Toyota or GM which is working on the Chevrolet Volt to enter the marketplace in 2010. Once the bugs are worked out you will know about it as will everyone else - that is the true hybrid race today - the first to perfect lithium ion battery pack for automobile use.

Whatever it will be - i would advise you start now with the Prius and enjoy the milage and Sheckel savings as soon as possible. Even when they do perfect it, I am not sure how long it will take for them to get it to Israel.

3. Hobbs

Hobbs New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    There is allways something new on the horizon! The prius holds its value well compared to other vehicles. I would buy the car now with a view to trading in in years to come.

4. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I agree with what other people say.

We don't really know when the next generation Prius will be released. Many seem to think it will be launched as a 2009 model (in 2008) but there is no official statement from Toyota. We also don't know what the next gen model will be, though we think it will include Li-Ion batteries and slightly better MPG.

If I was driving a car that was working well right now, I might hold-off. If you need a new car today then buying the prius is a good choice.

5. Spectra

Spectra Amphi-Prius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Avi,

If you have the Prius by now, you can circumnavigate your entire country on one tank of gas.

Remember to put in into stealth mode when you hear the katyushas overhead.

Le' Chaim !