1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius in Kicking and Screaming!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by exces6, Mar 6, 2005.

1. exces6

exces6 New Member

I was at the movies today, and I saw a preview for the new movie Kicking and Screaming. At one part of the preview I said to myself, "that car they are sitting in looks like a Prius!" And when I got home I examined the trailer and discovered that it is a Prius. You can watch the trailer here. http://movies.channel.aol.com/franchise/ex...s/kicking_movie
    and I attached a screenshot.

2. LeVautRien

LeVautRien Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Soccer moms may drive vans, but it seems soccer dads prefer Prius. :mrgreen:

3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    At least they didn’t remove the rear view mirror like in most movies and TV shows.

Seaside GA, AI, or BC (auto-dimming mirror)

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If anyone can see if there's a centre speaker for the JBL audio, that might help narrow it down

5. LeVautRien

LeVautRien Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, there's the center speaker, plus the pretty distinct shape of that barish thingy on the rear hatch (or whatever it's called).

6. exces6

exces6 New Member

You can also sort of see the Prius windshield wipers, and if you watch the video, it shows a side view where you can see the seat belt height adjuster. And there aren't many cars out there with 5 seats and that back hatch.

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    also a rear centre headrest

8. XravenX

XravenX New Member

Look at the rear. It has a split rear window. Definately a prius. Also, the rear seats & the driver side has all the signs of a prius.

I say it is a black package 9.

9. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It might be Will's personal car that they used in the movie - I know he drives a Prius as his daily driver.

10. flyingprius

flyingprius New Member

Hey folks!
    I just went to see Kicking and Screaming, and Will's character owns a Seaside Pearl Prius.

There is a funny scene in the beginning when he drives it to a soccer game and he is about to pull into a parking spot. Right as he's pulling in, some black Hummer speeds in front of him and double parks. After the Hummer parks, some little lady hobbles on out and Will asks, "Do you have to use both spaces?"

She answers, "Yeah! Have you seen the size of this thing, it's huge! But your car is cute, I'm glad you're into saving the environment for all of us. Thanks." And then walks off...

Throughout the movie they included many other shots of the Prius, including the one shown in the trailer. Later in the scene, he proceeds to get angry and slams his hands on the steering wheel and for effect the airbag pops out in his face...he then says, "Oh, that really hurt my face." That wasn't one of the best scenes though.

Besides the Prius, I thought the movie was funny and clever; I cracked up a lot---I recommend the movie for a good laugh.

That's interesting that Will Ferrell owns a Prius, I thought it was a Toyota ad placement, considering another protagonist in the movie drove a Sequoia...

Maybe we'll see more advertising for the Prius in the future...

---Flyingprius

11. thefly

thefly New Member

They already managed to sneak one into "Family Guy".

12. mgrant8163

mgrant8163 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My wife told me that Tom Hanks also owns a Prius.

We are in some pretty good company!