1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius in Silver Spring, Maryland

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bluelin, Feb 13, 2004.

1. bluelin

bluelin New Member

Greetings!

About a month ago, I started thinking that it was time to look for a new car and decided that the Prius would be a great choice for me. While not planning on purchasing until later this year, I started checking around the net and stumbled onto this chat forum. Many thanks to everyone that posts, there's so much useful information here. The posts have also given me a reality check that 'later this year' may be optimistic.

Anyway, there's a Darcar dealership located in Silver Spring, Maryland, that has two Prius vehicles available. Both are silver and come with Packages 1 & 2. The MSRP is $25,755. I'm not a salesperson, just not ready to buy at this time and thought someone might be interested. Personally, I think the MSRP for those two packages is a bit high.
    If you want to take a look, here's a link:

http://toyotasilverspring.darcars.com/loc-..._vehicle_search

(if the link doesn't work, try www.darcars.com, then follow the link to the Silver Spring dealership and do a vehicle search

Again, thanks for all of the helpful info.

Linda

2. Riffraft

Riffraft New Member

Howdy bluelin, yep that is extremely high. When I was looking for my Prius I checked them out (about a month and 1/2 ago) and the prices were much lower on the same vehicles, but at time they weren't for sale yet because they were using them for test drive vehicles. I guess they are jumping on the lets stick it to the consumer bandwagon like some dealerships. The MSRP for a package #1 should be around $20,690 in Maryland. These crooks are raising the price by $5,065. That has to be about the worst price gouging that I have seen so far. I would hope that people avoid Darcars Toyota like the plague.