1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius in the movies - "WALL STREET"

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by JUGL11, Sep 25, 2010.

1. JUGL11

JUGL11 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just saw WALL STREET - MONEY NEVER SLEEPS. A Prius is prominently featured. Problem is ... the scene is supposed to take place in 2008, & it's definitely a 2010 Gen III Prius (not available in US until May 2009)!

2. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    i saw it today and it was....... RED

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Searching through Google, I hit a couple of conservative reviewers who see the movie as an anti-capitalism piece and of course, the Prius is recognized. Guilt by association is likely to follow.

Bob Wilson

4. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Haven't seen the movie yet....

But I figure as long as it's not shot full of bullets or refered to as like "riding in a vagina" then I'm taking it as a step forward.

5. phoenixgreg

phoenixgreg Senior member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    For those of you who saw NCIS LA last Tuesday, there was a GEN III just like mine shown in the final scene. Ouch - they shot out all the windows! It was hard to watch.

6. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Did you see last years season finel of Desperate Housewives? They exploded a blue gen III in one of the final scenes.

7. andino

andino Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If anyone watches Lie to Me, Lightman drives a grey Prius IV haha

8. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We've been watching episodes of "Eureka"... cute series.

Anyway, besides Prius sightings, we also sight and point out EVs, Gems, and other cutting-edge vehicles :thumb:

9. Superdrol

Superdrol Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    They probably integrated the red Prius to offset the liberal aspect of the female wig short hair. Her character in the movie is a left wing.

The movie was pretty lackluster. I found it to be messy and scattered. The movie also seemed miscast in general.

10. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    In the show "Royal Pains" season 1 episode 4 Jill bought a Gen III Prius to replace her beat down Saab. In episode 9 she turned on her remote AC so this means she has a solar roof package. In episode 12, her ex-husband wanted to buy a new car and asked her "Intelligent Parking Assist?" She then said "yeah, practically parks itself" The show is suppose to be in Hampton, New York. The Prius she drove has 15" rims. When I was researching the Prius last year, I knew that the IV has 15" rims and optional solar package and the V has 17" rims with optional tech pack. No way a IV can have IPA. I thought the show producers were smoking some bad crack. Then I found out that the only Prius in North America with that combination is the Canadian Prius with Technology Package. The show is probably shot in Canada. That's why they use a Canadian Prius instead of a US Prius.

11. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yep, that show pimps it.

I notice this in a lot of shows. Human Target pushes the Camaro. Fringe has pushed the ford fusion and possibly another.

The worst show, a veritable car ad, is Bones. They are truly shameless about it. They have all but stopped script in the middle to tour vehicles, from the Prius to the Sienna, just ridiculous crap they throw in. Most shows will have a person doing something nifty with the car but in Bones they really go over the top.