1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius in the Movies

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by johnford, May 30, 2008.

1. johnford

johnford Old Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    From this website it looks like there are 92 different movies which featured a Prius. Here's the link....

IMCDb.org: Toyota Prius in movies and TV series

How many have you seen? .... jf:cool::cool::cool:

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    a lot. for a while every side car was a prius...usually the 1st was a prius and the second was another toyota.

it's been said that toyota was going to put an impressive amount of money into sponsering events and other (what i would call) "stunts" to advertise their products. haven't you notices that nearly everything on tv is sponsored by toyota? it's been like that here for... *shrug*.. the last half a year to year.

3. sas0611

sas0611 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not sure it was in the list but the HBO series 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' with Larry David (producer and writer of Seinfeld with Jerry Seinfeld) was often shown driving his Prius.

4. MagneticGrayIndy

MagneticGrayIndy 06Prius;94M Miata;65Rambler770

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    funny.. I remember one show where some lady got in a prius and "started it up" to drive off... they added sound effects like a normal car as she "turned the key"... lol... it was a current model and we thought that was very funny with the sound

5. Going_Green

Going_Green Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I didn't see it on the list but Christine in the TV show "The New Adventures of Old Christine" drives a Prius.

6. RatedN

RatedN New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    There's actually a fairly lengthy thread if you do a search for "Prii on TV" that has pages and pages of references of the Prius on tv shows, commercials and movies.

I thought I'd throw this in. It's been mentioned before, but Brian the dog on Family Guy drives a Prius. The first few times it was shown, the animators drew it very angular making it look like a 4-door CRX. In recent episodes, they've updated it to be closer to real life.

This was in the episode "Lois kills Stewie":

[​IMG]