1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius interior lighting color change

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by RinMI, Dec 28, 2007.

1. RinMI

RinMI New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hey guys, I recently finished my interior lighting color change after reading multiple threads we had here on it. I decided the easiest way was to go see my friend who runs a theater (real theater, not movie). I asked him for some "gels"; which are thin sheets of plastic film that not only change the color but also come in various finishes to either let light through cleanly or disperse it (rough finis v smooth finish). He had some that he had used in the main lights at the back of the stage that had burned through since some tool thought running lights at 100% was the best way to go; so I got those for free (red, green, blue). I was able to trim them to fit inside the light covers for both dome lights and now my g/f and my kids are able to read at night while I am driving and I experience no loss of vision. I tried red to start with and also have blue and green but may try yellow and see what gives them the best lighting while still not affecting my eyes for driving.

Cost $0
    My time 1/2 hour
    Results will be posted in pics soon

2. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    How / when does it change the color? Does it depend on the temperature or something?

3. brad_rules_man

brad_rules_man Hybrid electric revolutionizer

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Very neat post! though if you wanna maximize output, get different colored light emitting diodes! Anywho wonderful, after experimentations, DO post which are optimal for them reading and doing wtv, and not bothering you while driving. =D Take care !

-Brad