1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius KeyChain!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ptpiz, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Ptpiz

Ptpiz New Member

I was very excited to come home to get a package with a hybrid synergy drive keychain in it. It really let's you know that TOYOTA knows that you placed an order. The only problem with this keychain is that it comes attatched to a piece of paper via one of those nasty "boogers." This "booger" took over 20 minutes to scrape off with a towel and windex. Once free from the nasty Toyota henchman's "booger" I could see the beautiful polished keychain. Did anyone else have this problem?
    :cussing:

2. sjr14221

sjr14221 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Love those boogers.

Wish I had a keychain. Still waiting for keychain and car.

Sharon

3. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    LOL! me, too!
    see my post at http://priuschat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=955 ...

when i finally got that glop off, i realized that the shiny side would NEVER be free of fingerprints, etc., but it sure is pretty when it's all shined up!
    :)

4. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I had the same problem with the one Toyota sent me... the other Three did not come on a card..

Later

5. jchu

jchu New Member

Got car (#3 Black) Was a dealer demo so I guess we don't get the keychain. Seems like a fair trade to me though wouldn't mind the keychain as well

6. Dilbert

Dilbert Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I also received the keychain last week after ordering a Silver #7 on Nov. 23rd. I am told I have another 4 weeks to wait. :cry:

7. Eug

Eug Swollen Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Technology
    Anyone have a picture of the keychain?

8. rayburt456

rayburt456 New Member

I got a chain this week after ordering in December. I still don't have the sticky stuff off of it.

9. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I never got a Toyota keychain. I never use keychains. All my keys are on a plain keyring. I did get two (one for each fob) dealer keychains. I immediately detached them and tossed them in the junk drawer.

I took both of the keys out of their fobs. One key went onto my keyring, and the other went into my wallet for emergencies. One of the fobs stays in my jacket pocket (it'll move to my pants in warmer weather). The other is in a safe place.

10. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  11. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I just got my keychain this past Friday. Try using some nail polish remover (acetone) as it worked pretty good for me in getting off the glue. BTW, the countdown continues...I'm still expecting delivery of my salsa 7 sometime during the week of March 29! :D

12. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I got two key rings. I had orders with two different dealers, and the key chains, as far as I can figure out, were Toyota to reassure me that my order was received. The text on both key ring cards seemed to suggest I was being rewarded for placing an order, not being thanked for actually buying the car. tooth came with enough sticky to lift the car had it been fastened to the roof. Comes off with paint thinner and/or alcohol.
    My thought is that the key rings may be special charms capable of generating a whole Prius if used correctly. An earlier post was from a guy who felt it was possible under the theories of quantum physics that a Prius might materialize in his garage. I think these key chain things are "locators" that will enable Toyota to maniuplate the quantum field in such a way as to materialize a Prius where ever the key ring is located. For that reason, I would strongly caution any of you from leaving the key chain in a location not suitably large enough for a full sized Prius. Those of you who have received rings but no Prius, would be advised to tape your key ring to the garage floor. Those who already have Prii probably have inactivated key rings. Those guys at Toyota think of everything. Wish I could read Japanese.
    Bob

13. Batavier

Batavier Member

Love the key chain, is this only for US citizens who ordered a car? I hope Toyota NL also sends me one :D

14. xlarimer

xlarimer New Member

I want what Bob Allen is having!

15. jimvitz

jimvitz Junior Member

That "guy" was me, and when I went to my garage this morning there WAS an 04 silver BC in my garage - thankfully not in the pocket of my pants where I have kept the keyring I got from Diane back in December! Like I said, If you just wait long enough (as long as the universe [or pluraverse] lasts for an infinite amount of time) all events are possible and one doesn't really need a "seed" keyring to accomplish it. 'Course my silver beauty has been in my garage every morning for the last three weeks since I bought it, but these are minor details. :)

16. rayburt456

rayburt456 New Member

I called the customer number that came on the card with the key chain to ask what this was about. The person told me that this is a "thank you" from Toyota and is just to acknowledge the order. She told me that it has nothing to do with my order or delivery date. She apologized for any confusion and seemed to indicate that she has been receiving a lot of calls from people who thought it meant their order was in. I suggested it would have been better sent right after the order was placed as opposed to many months later.

She said production is ramping up in April.

17. kpeterson

kpeterson New Member

Got my keychain yesterday. Used some bug and tar remover to take off the sticky stuff. Took less than two minutes.

18. windsurfdog

windsurfdog New Member

Add me as another keyring receiver as of today.....on the list since Dec.1.....it's hell trying to imagine myself driving a Prius as I'm driving away from yet another $30.00 fill-up.....HURRY, LI'L PRIUS, HURRY!

19. AngelFish

AngelFish New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, I wish my last fill was only $30. I filled last night - $70 =(

Hurry up Toyota... Have my keychain, but I want my car...

20. hedwig

hedwig New Member

Holy God! What do you drive?? I know it's worse in California, but you must be cruising in an 18-wheeler!

(I hope you get it soon - I had my first Prius fillup yesterday, and did a little happy dance at the pump, which cut off at $10.76. Whee! But you need it more!)