1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Keyless Entry

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dlidawer, Jul 1, 2005.

1. dlidawer

dlidawer New Member

My car has the keyless entry system.

Will the car lock after a while if I just walk away? Also, how do you approach the car to unlock the back doors?

I like the car now I just have to figure out how to use it.

2. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dlidawer\";p=\"103109)</div>
    No, the car won't lock automatically if you just walk away.

However, I have noticed that if you unlock it either with the button or the unlock button on the fob and then don't open a door, it will automatically lock again after about 30 seconds.

To unlock the back doors, I just walk up and touch the inside of either front door handle without actually opening the door, and then open the rear door. I do it all the time to get my daughter into her car seat on the passenger side.

However, for this to work on the driver side, you must program the car to unlock all the doors when the driver side door is unlocked with the SKS. By default, using the SKS to unlock the driver side door will only unlock the driver side door, while using the SKS to unlock the passenger door or the hatch will unlock all the doors. The manual, as well as the Knowledge Base Section of this site, has instructions on how to change the SKS unlock behavior.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    no it won't. It will only automatically lock if you've unlock the car but didn't open any door. The rear doors don't have the SKS touch pad and button. So, assuming you've left it at the default setting, either touch the passenger side handle as you approach the rear door or if you're approaching your car from the rear, press the hatch release once to unlock all doors.

4. dlidawer

dlidawer New Member

Thank you for your very helpful and timely reply.