1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius - like no other!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusTouring07, Jul 16, 2007.

1. PriusTouring07

PriusTouring07 New Member

It's funny, when you see someone in a Ford or a Honda and such, you pretty much know they are either poor or middle class. You see someone in a Ferrari, you know they are wealthy.
    You see someone in a Prius, they might be barely making it, or they might be ultra rich! You wouldn't know. I don't think there is any other car where this phenomenon is present.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know but I do agree that the Prius has a larger base of drivers with a wide range of income.

There's a house 10 blocks away that's quite huge with an underground garage. The son drives a Civic EX and there's a Mazda MPV parked on the driveway. Compare that to the neighbouring house which is just as huge and has 7 luxury cars lining the driveway.

3. BellaHMB

BellaHMB New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Jul 16 2007, 10:29 AM) [snapback]479593[/snapback]</div>
    Quite a few of my wealthier friends have traded in their BMW's for a Prius, myself included.
    We decided it was the RIGHT thing to do for the environment!

Victoria

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I know quiet a few wealthy people who drive Hondas. It all depends on whether you need to make a statement, and what sort of driving you like to do.

Tom

5. PriusTouring07

PriusTouring07 New Member

I should have limited my observation to Beverly Hills. I don't remember ever seeing any "regular" car there, but right along those Porsches and Bentleys once in awhile you'll see the humble Prius climbing those hills!

6. liznowen

liznowen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I doubt anyone that was "barely making it" would be able to afford a Prius. They're like $10,000 more expensive than the cheapest new car on the market now.