1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius likes the milder temps....64.5mpg

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by bagwell, Oct 11, 2011.

1. bagwell

bagwell Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Since the temps have gone down a bit from the 105°F its been here for the past 4 months, the MPG increased a bit in the Prius.
    Its probably a bit optimistic but this is what MPG the computer in my car showed before I filled up this morning. I still had over an 1/8 of a tank left, but I don't like to get too close to empty.

Attached Files:

2. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    That looks pretty darn good. I'm just waiting for the winter formulation gas to hit and zap our good mpg's. :(

3. Codyroo

Codyroo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What was your final calculated MPG? I'm assuming it was in the 61 MPG range (mine is optimistic by ~3.5 MPG).

I'm glad I haven't had really warm weather like that, the A/C usage would be brutal on my MPG's

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you were using your AC, like most sane people would do in such temps, then suddenly stopped using your AC now that the weather has cooled then that could explain part of the mpg gain. If your AC setting is close to the ambient temperature you would reduce the impact of the AC system on your MPG and thus still see a decent gain even if you are still using the AC.