1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Maintenance bringing people together?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by PriusInNC, Sep 5, 2006.

1. PriusInNC

PriusInNC New Member

My wife and I picked up our Prius a few months ago and we've been amazed at pretty much every damn aspect of it. The drive, the ride, the economy, the environmental impact (or lack there of...) and now we can add maintenance to the pile! To date we've added body moldings, a rear bumper protector, better floor matts, a cargo liner for our two dogs, BT Stiffening Plate and Wet Okole seat covers! There'll be more I'm sure! :D

My other mechanical child is a silver 2000 V-Dub Golf TDI with a 135,000 miles on it, I run B100 biodiesel in it and it's been (luckily) trouble free for years! Anyways, I've done all of the maintenance on the Golf for the last few years and have always marveled at the zen-like peace I get from just working under the hood, so I was psyched to see what I could do under the hood of the Prius.

It was a bit of downer to see that there isn't much to do with this technical marvel but impressive on the flip side! It's funny how happy you get from finding out you don't have to do a timing belt change after doing one on a VW (read: raving pain in the arse). But 5000.00 miles rolled off quickly and our first oil change was upon us. I was shocked when my wife wanted in on the whole process! Special thanks to Toyota for making it so damn easy! We got messy, but we also learned, so the next time clean up wont be so time consuming. The laughter I heard after pulling the filter and having oil run down my fore arm was easily as loud as me laughing at her when she unscrewed the plug and got her hands dirty for the first time working on a car. Mobil 1 got poured in and my wife and I have yet one more thing that we get to share in!

Thanks to PriusChat for the guidance and for the diverse and objective views on all things Prius. You guys are a zany group and it's nice to find such an amazing group of enthusiasts, keep up the good fight and thanks for having the sense to buy such a sensible automobile.

Take care,

The Hunts

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    well hey there neighbors, and welcome!

should you ever need diagnostic service or something above and beyond what you can do in the driveway, let us know. see my signature ;)

happy driving, wave if ya see a black pri from wisconsin :D

3. PriusInNC

PriusInNC New Member

Aw thanks Galaxee! I'll definitely keep an out for the Wisconsin plates! I always wave when I see the other Prii on the roads! It's like a revolution here, there are so many!

And thanks for pointing out your sig. We actually bought our car from Mark Jacobson and heard some very high praise of their Prius techs there so I may hit you up for some advice here or there. But judging so far it looks like I wont need it! This car runs like a top! :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Sep 5 2006, 06:56 PM) [snapback]314802[/snapback]</div>