1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Mechanics (not dealerships) in Orange County, CA?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cwy, Dec 11, 2006.

1. cwy

cwy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Can anyone recommend a reputable mechanic/shop in OC (Tustin, Irvine area) to perform routine maintenance (Oil changes, tire rotation stuff)? Tustin Toyota gives me the creeps with high pressure sales tactics plus higher prices.

I've tried searching all over PriusChat.com, but didn't find anything specific other than a local gas station to install a BT brace.

Thanks in advance!!!

2. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I would really suggest just dealerships- some of our Prius guys like Family Toyota in San Juan Capistrano.
    A good one is usually Carson Toyota as they sell and service tons of Prius.

I agree- Tustin has had some problems...

3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CWY @ Dec 11 2006, 07:11 PM) [snapback]360627[/snapback]</div>
    Sure - the El Toro Y. But why go to the dealer for oil & rotation, when they are traditionally higher. For example, why not grab a $12 Good Year coupon for oil & rotation (going on, for instance right now off of Irvine & Bake? Lots of places rotate for free after you buy your treads from them.

4. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CWY @ Dec 11 2006, 03:11 PM) [snapback]360627[/snapback]</div>
    I live practically next to Tustin Toyota, and I take my business to Longo (a few towns over) because of the few bad experiences at Tustin. Sorry I can't help more.

There's Hiro's Auto Repair in Costa Mesa, but that's one of your independent mechanics.

You could try experimenting with Power Toyota of Irvine, or maybe South Coast Toyota, Toyota of Orange, etc etc.. :p

Doesn't the OC Prius Club have a list of decent dealerships to go to? Inventor00?