1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius meetup

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by Raenstoirm, May 5, 2004.

1. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm New Member

Is anyone going to the meetup this saturday?

2. rflagg

rflagg Member

When & where? Did I miss the post about it? I might be able to - have friends in town, but they're off to a wedding on Saturday. Lemme know the details! :)

-m.

3. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm New Member

It is through meetup. They havent decided the venue yet, but it is the 15th somewhere in NOVA. StillHuman is our host.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    This may be biased, but i find meets easier to organize on venues like this forum. Then there's space for discussion of where to meet and what works best for all, not just blindly voting for somewhere to meet.

The next version of PriusChat will have features that will make local clubs a much greater focus and hopefully make the "meetup" process easier and more interactive.

5. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm New Member

I would prefer a more personal meeting, but only three people showed up to the last meeting (I was not one of them) and I was hoping for a bigger turnout.

6. pkjohna

pkjohna Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I agree with Danny that this should be the preferred forum for organizing Meetups but it would help if there was a fixed folder structure by geography to make it easier to find and respond to relevant meetup discussions. Meetup.com makes it easier to find the relevant group (for now...) but since only 3 people RSVP'd for this month the Meetup site says it's cancelled. Of course, that doesn't stop us from meeting anyway...

I'm up for meeting even if it's only 3 people; my wife and I had a nice chat with Stu and his wife last month.

The location suggested by Meetup was for noon at:

Jimmy's Old Town Tavern
    697 Spring St
    Herndon, VA 20170

Or, I'd be happy to trek down to Potomac Mills again where the parking lot is big and it's easy to spot other Prii...

I'm flexible but we've only got a couple of days to nail it down.

P.S. To be fair...Meetup does have message boards but they look under utlized and they want $$ for all the fun stuff! :pukeright:

7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The next release of PriusChat will have a Local Club section broken up by geography - Countries, then Regions, then States, then Cities if applicable (LA, for example). My hope is to have folks designate a Local Club representative or "Chairman" to be a liason between PriusChat and the local club, help with organizing locations & times, coordinating with me to obtain some PriusChat goodies to pass out, etc :)

We can really create a strong nation/worldwide community if we put a little effort into it :)

8. pkjohna

pkjohna Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Woo Hoo! Do I sense the birth pangs of said Local Club section? When's the due date? Should we have a pool?

I just noticed a new locked forum for Local Clubs...hence the questions.

9. pkjohna

pkjohna Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Shameless plug

Hey all you DC Metro locals...be sure to check out the brand spankin' new forum just for us in the local clubs section.

We'll discuss things like local meetup plans there as well as good local car washes, mechanics, installers, etc.