1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius mention and sighting on TV

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by aaf709, Jan 31, 2006.

1. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    There was a quick mention on The Simpsons "We're On the Road to D'owhere" which aired Sunday, January 29th. In that episode Homer is driving Bart to a "rehabilitation camp." At a restaurant Homer sees a father and son and asks them what camp he's forcing the kid to. The father replies that they're going to a Shakesphere festival, then tells the son to go out to the Prius. It wasn't shown, though.

The other was a rerun, Modern Marvels on Gasoline. It was very informative, showing the history of how gas is refined. When it talked about the future of gasoline (also showing electric cars and fuel cell vehicles), it made mention of the hybrid, showing several shots of the Prius and Honda's Insight. Worth watching as it explains what Octane means and about gasoline additives.

2. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

Yeah, I saw that on the Simpsons the other night. My wife said "didja hear that?"

I so wanted to see the actual car....wonder what their mpg's were... :lol:

3. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Does he pronounce it "Pry-us" or "Pree-us"?

4. aaf709

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    He pronounced it "Pree-us." :)

5. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    We like to look for Prii's everywhere...parking lots, movies, TV shows. Sometimes I feel like my dog must when she sees a cat going by the window. Head snaps around, ears get tuned in!!!

Today I am even interviewing an applicant that added it to her cover letter......"Transportation poses no problem as I drive a new Prius" I may have to hire her just because of her Prius.

6. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

Did she know you drove a Prius when she applied? <_<

7. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It was on her cover letter that came with her resume. Can't wait to meet her in person.....soon now!

8. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There was a Prius driving by a restaraunt on "Courting Alex" last night. I was filpping through channels, stopped for a moment- just enough time to see a white one whiz by! I got all excited!

9. bobr1

bobr1 New Member

There's almost always a Prius going by in any extended exterior shot on Desperate Housewives.

They appear to have just a small selection of cars that continuously circle the neighborhood. :) Good promo for the Prius, but not a good way to save gas. :)

- Bob R.

10. jdjeep98

jdjeep98 New Member

:lol: You guys are as bad as the Jeep people! :lol:

I've been trying to start a "Prius Wave" (just like the "Jeep wave", but with less mud), but when I wave to people, 90% of the time I get confused looks... :huh: :blink:

Ah, well, a guy can try... :rolleyes:

11. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Is that the one where they talk about flex-fuel systems based on sugar cane ethonal in Brazil? When I saw that show, I was like, "Duh, they've had flex fuel systems refined to an art for years in Brazil and around here they act like it's in the distant future." (Not trying to hijack the thread and don't expect an ethanol debate.

12. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I try to waive too- and it seems most people couldn't care less- a FEW will waive back, then I really feel like a part of the coolest gang ever B)

13. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have had probably more Prii owners look and wave than not. When we see each other in the parking lots there is that knowing nod of the head, like we have something that the others do not have.

In regards to the earlier post, turns out the nurse applicant with the Prius is just plain cool so as soon as everything checks out, she'll get an offer! Yeah!!

14. aaf709

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    No, they didn't talk about that. They did mention Biodiesel. The DVD is for sale here.

BTW, Tony, whenever I read your posts I can't help hearing Zap Branigan's voice. :lol:

15. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It's sometimes hard for me to write a well-formed response because I suffer from a very sexy condition: sexlexia.