1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius MFD Hood- new material

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by inventor00, Mar 4, 2006.

1. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I just ordered several more hoods from Robin at PriusHoods.com- she has a few leather hoods left for shading your display from the sunlight- if any one is interested (she sells on ebay also). I bought them as raffle prizes for the Orange County Prius Club, since everyone was interested in them after they saw mine.

Just wanted evryone to know she has now switched over to the ABS Plastic - still attaches with velcro which is easily removeable.

Since someone has to put up with 360 days of Sun in Sunny CA (except yesterday - ugh), I find it very useful - to able to see the NAV/display.

She also is a PriusChat sponsor.

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I used Buy It Now on Ebay last week to purchase the ABS material display hood and received it on Friday. I really like it! I 'installed' it on Saturday and I like how the textured material blends in with the new textured dash on the 2006's. It's been cloudy the last 2 days, so I haven't really gotten to see how well it works when the sun's out in full force. Now my husband wants to get one for his 2004 Accord because the sun glare on most days makes it impossible to see the screen.

3. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I've had the MFD hood (in leather) on the Prius for some time and it works great. I have a dash cover, so it slid into place instead of using velcro. It's something I can recommend without worry about warranty or year or model number.