1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius MFD issues after unplugging

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Davidude, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Davidude

Davidude Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I have plans installing a custom stereo in my Prius. To test the fitment, long story short, I unplugged the screen. After plugging it back in, I have what looks like stereotypical MFD failure. Is there any fix? Since seeing this problem I've driven it to my shop to install the stereo, and the issue hasn't disappeared. I have the base audio system. I'm seeing blank numbers where my mileage should be and the AC system is allegedly unplugged. The connections to the screen are fine, I've double-checked them. Any advice? I don't think it's broken, since it worked fine until I unplugged it.

#1 Davidude, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Logic says, that you unplugged something and have not plugged it back in. I'd look further into the AC and how it connects into the system.

3. Davidude

Davidude Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Have double-checked cables again and they're in securely. Put it in service mode and I'm seeing no error codes, but it simply says the display is only communicating with itself. Attached are the messages I see - I know it won't communicate with audio anymore so I don't care about that, but I'd really enjoy seeing my mileage without buying another MFD. Very weird circumstances.

Attached Files:

4. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Your problem is that the G/W (gateway) is showing no connection. Even if you don't care about the audio, the gateway is essential for components to talk to each other.