1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius model car for Trackmania United

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TheForce, Apr 23, 2007.

1. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well for my 1000th post I figure I would give you all a sneak peek at what I'm doing. ;)

To give you a quick rundown of what Trackmania is, its a racing game that allows you to do all kind of stunts like loops and jumps. Not just any jumps but HUGE jumps! :D Its a very fun game. You can learn more at http://www.tm-united.com

The older version of Trackmania came with a POS copy protection software called Star Force. Star Force is known to crash computers and other bad things. This is why I never bought Trackmania Sunrise. I wont buy any game that has full blown Star Force. So far from what I've seen and read the downloadable version of United only comes with the "lite" version of Star Force that only checks the exe. Because of this I will recommend you get this game but stay away from Trackmania Sunrise or other Star Force infested games.

I'm currently making a model Prius for the game Trackmania United. Since most of the tutorials are in French this project may take a while to complete. I have some experience with 3D studio Max and photoshop but there are a few thing I'm learning about that might give me a hard time. Mostly with the UVW unwrap in Max and exporting it to a DDS file. Then trying to get a good map for the texture of a basic Prius.

What I would like to accomplish is a full blown basic model Prius in the game. Later on I would like to model a Honda Insight and an EV1. :D I bought a 3D model Prius to work with and I can buy an Insight with a group of other Honda cars but I'm having problems finding an EV1. Guess its just like real life. Prius easy to find, Insight a little harder, the EV1 is crushed forever. <_<

Anyway here is some screen shots of the Prius skin in the game. The numbers you see I put on there for reference points. This is very very very early stages. I still have %99.99 more to do. :(

[attachmentid=7635]

[attachmentid=7636]

[attachmentid=7637]

Attached Files:

2. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

Very Cool!

3. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Got the glass installed and got the wheels working.

DONT MAKE FUN OF MY WHEELS! :angry: Texture mapping will be the last thing on my list! :D :p

[attachmentid=7664]

Attached Files:

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Love the wheels, and the new center headlight! :p

5. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I made a prius owners group if anyone wants to join.

Group name: Prius Owners
    Username: ILoveMyPrius
    Password: iwantaplug

I will post the Prius model as soon as I get it done so everyone can have a Prius to race with. The only thing holding me back is getting the texture mapping to work. If anyone knows how to UVW unwrap and insert it into TMU I will give you the 3DS Max model to work with.

6. Chipmonkcheeks

Chipmonkcheeks New Member

That looks wkd and PM when its done :) But could you PM/Email/reply to topic about what soft ware you use and maybe a step-by-step thing. (if im lucky) Cheers if you can m8

7. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I just download the model from a site and just mod it to the TMU game. I figure this would be easier than starting from scratch. I use 3D studio MAX for the editing. So far everything is done except for the UVW unwrap. I still have not figured out how to do this for the cars texture mapping. If I can just get this part done the car will be ready for TMU. If anyone out there can help me with this I will give you the necessary files and if your playing TMU I will give you coppers! :D

8. saliozzia

saliozzia New Member

Hello

I'm a newbie here on this forums. I have had a prius for a few years.

I play trackmania, i will give you 2000 coppers if you can produce the prius for Trackmania. Hell i will even pay you real money.

Do you have it.

Sal (=USDA= XWave)

9. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry. I could not get past mapping the textures on the car I cold not find anyone that would help. I have not actually played the game for close to a year now. I really need to install it again and play some of those LOL tracks if they are still around.