1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Named "Androgynous Car of the Year"

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Jack 06, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    LOS ANGELES, Ca (Reuters News Service)

At its glittering West Hollywood headquarters, Androgyny magazine today bestowed its first "Androgynous Car of the Year" award on the Toyota Prius.

Flanked by beaming British rocker Elton John and self-styled American "King of Pop" Michael Jackson, Editor/Publisher Drayton Moog presented the silver trophy, depicting an Olympic figure skater, to I. B. Byashi, Toyota Vice-President in the automotive giant's Torrance, California office.

"We earned this," Byashi exclaimed, hoisting the trophy aloft. "We didn't call the Prius a "hybrid" for no good reason."

Moog noted that Androgyny got the idea for the award when one of its staffers, a member of the online Prius group PriusChat, mentioned in the magazine's lunchroom that a "scientific poll" of the website's members revealed that 27% of its posting membership are self-professed females.

"We've researched it, and no other car group in the U.S. has higher than a 9% female following," said Moog. "No car since the 80's VW Cabriolet convertible has had this kind of distaff support, and most guys wouldn't have been caught dead in one of those, unlike the Prius, which has attracted high-tech-oriented men from around the world. Sure, they're "geeky', but they're guys," he said, winking into the popping flashbulbs.

As the ceremony ended, Jackson sprang to the roof of a gleaming, red '06 Prius, the first one off the 2006 model year production line, which had been specially flown in by Toyota for the event. A C-140 military tranpost aircraft, based at Travis AFB in northern California, was made available to Toyota for the purpose through the office of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, who recently announced his intention to run for a second term.

'Moonwalking' and grabbing his crotch, Jackson shouted out to no one in particular, "Damn, I've got to get my driver's license now! Little kids will just love these cute cars!"

"Awesome, bloody awesome," declared the sequined John.

"Nothing has ever made me get in touch with my feminine side like this bugger has," confessed pop singer Eminem, also in attendance among other Hollywood glitterati. "You got that right," chimed in singer Melissa Etheridge.

2. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

:D Funny joke.

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

4. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Androgynous? Maybe PriusChat should go back to the original three gender options for new members: 'Male', 'Female', and 'not sure'. I always wondered about that third option, but transgendered people exist, and PriusChat tries to be inclusive...Should we include 'spayed' and 'neutered'? (personally, and this will fall into the realm of too much information for some, I prefer the term 'sunkist' to 'neutered'. It means 'all juice, no seeds')

5. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    Looked pretty ligit until I hit the part about Eminem.

Eminem lives down the road from me. He doesn't own a Prius. :)

6. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Well, what does he own?

7. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Your “story†does have some iota of truths scattered about here and there . . . much like political advertisements. :huh:

While it is true that a C-140 aircraft is based at Travis AFB in Northern California, I highly doubt it would have been used to transport a Prius. Not only would a Prius not fit in a C-140, they would have had to borrow the airplane from the Travis Air Museum . . . and then make it airworthy!

[Broken External Image]:http://www.jimmydoolittlemuseumpromotions.com/images/c-140.gif

http://www.jimmydoolittlemuseumpromotions.com/

8. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

hetero/gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender/confused/botched surgery/spore

Then, there's the King of Pop... :blink:

9. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Geez, nobody likes my immortal work of ART?

Not enough Liberal Arts majors?

I'll give it one more chance...

10. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

I like it a lot. It's all good, and my spouse would say....

Sigh, I just realized a long piece I wrote about prius owners vs. hummer owners (based on the storyline from revenge of the nerds) was wiped out in the recent server crash. Took me a long time to compose...

11. kenkneeb

kenkneeb Member

to endoil man's sign off. I coined a phrase some time ago as regards the use of caffeine as an liquid energy form. I call it CAFFELINE! Filler 'up!

Michael Franti, that fab forward thinking artist, musician, poet, has a lot to say about dependency on: Money, Oil, Power, War, etc. you know the run of the mill imperialist 'subvert the dominant paradigm' stuff.

Rock the Nation! Power to the Peaceful!

Prius... Driving The Revolution!!!

ken

12. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Actually, if I were to buy another Prius, I'd buy one from an androgynous dealer, someone like http://www.toyotaofbowie.com/ (owned and operated by David Bowie)

13. kenkneeb

kenkneeb Member

So Bigdaddy, since this dealership is in Bowie, MD, does Davey own the whole dang town, or perhaps has history been contorted and the dealership and the town was named after James (Jim) Bowie and knives are Bowie's real claim to fame. Hey, 'Fame'. Wasn't that a Bowie song?

Word Play:

Anhydrous, Androgynous, Cross-Dressed, Cross-Trained, Cross-Terrained, Super (Joe) Cocker Spaniel, evy, ivy over. OYE! We're on a roll. Could it be a kaiser?

drive the revolution.

Ken