1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius NAV lock in motion

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Mrpcar, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Mrpcar

Mrpcar Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am surprised that with so many techs and owners of Prius out there no one have figure out a software unlock for the NAV lock in motion, and the only solution is a temporary timer which fools the speed input of the unit.

One week after purchasing my 2012 X5M I did some Google search for NAV/DVD unlock in motion and ordered one of these unlock CDs and unlocked the video in motion. I also ordered some customized coding along with the unlock CD to get rid of the welcome warning street that require prompt on start. Allows me to enter NAV address while car is in motion, DVD playing in motion, etc. Of course all for passenger to use.

Take a look at this video here.

2. Mrpcar

Mrpcar Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It would be nice if there is a hack like this for the Prius III

3. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    There's a hardware module from prestigious society that does the same thing. I think that is interupting the speed signal though, so the car doesn't know it is moving. Not sure if this software trick is doing that, but doesn't appear to be available for Toyota cars in any case.

4. Mrpcar

Mrpcar Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The software program is done through coding, changes the program completely to disable to safety lock. As NAV and DVD in motion is legal in many other countries. So I believe the coding basically just changes the system to other country code instead of US. Apparently there are tons of stuff you can do with the BMW coding, as I found out there is a huge group of coders out there.

5. Danger

Danger Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Does anyone know if the Jap/Euro Prius Navi has no Nav lock?