1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Navigation issues?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Ryan R, May 8, 2019.

1. Ryan R

Ryan R Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey, first time Prius owner as of, today 5-8-19. Got it for 4100, 2008 Prius "Touring" with 157K miles. Midas said the car was good, but unbelievably scared to ever buy a car. Poor family. Young driver. The usual

However, one issue when I bought it was the dash has a glitch? Photos below. It seems to only be on the navigation, destination, and menu parts. Climate, radio work fine. These lines will pop up, and I can't use that specific area. When I press the display, that pops up over the lines, however, so not sure.

Any idea? Loose cable?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ryan R

Ryan R Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Also, when I turned on the car the Red triangle did pop up, and the dash said something about power and being in park. But when I turned it back on, its gone. OBD2 scanner didnt say I have a code. Should I be worried???

3. Ryan R

Ryan R Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Update: My car battery recently died twice, had to replace 12v. Hope thats the issues

However, first time I jumped the car, my nav seemed to be working for a short time. Not sure if this helps limit the issues, but maybe it is a wire issue? The new battery doesnt fix the nav however

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you can poly get a cheap replacement on eBay.

it's always good to charge and check the voltage of a new battery before installing.

you need a prius aware scanner

5. Norbert Stévó

Norbert Stévó New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hello, i have such a problem too! managed to do it?

6. Norbert Stévó

Norbert Stévó New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    [QUOTE = "bisco, posta: 2889864, tag: 5889"] az eBay-nél olcsó helyettesítést kaphatsz.

mindig jó tölteni és ellenőrizni az új akkumulátor feszültségét a telepítés előtt.

szüksége van egy prius tudatos szkennerre [/ QUOTE]
    hy, I have such a problem too! managed to do it?