1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Newbie!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by MiamiHeat, Oct 6, 2013.

1. MiamiHeat

MiamiHeat New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hello Everyone!
    My family just purchased a Prius V (Package 5) yesterday. We are all completely new to the hybrid world. I've been reading some posts already and gathering some information but I have a question related to the chello Everyone!
    My family just purchased a Prius V (Package 5) yesterday. We are all completely new to the hybrid world. I've been reading some posts already and gathering some information but I have a question related to the charging. I noticed that the battery had three lines on it yesterday. How many should it typically have and will it ever go down to low or have red lines on it?

I'm sorry for asking so many questions. :(

2. Gaëtan Lafrance

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    Félicitations.

Between 2 lines min and 8 max.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to priuschat! the car takes care of itself, but it's good to read the manual, spend time here and understand all the display information. feel free to ask questions and search previous related threads. enjoy and all the best!(y)

4. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    In normal city driving you will generally see 6 bars on the gauge. As stated, the range will normally be 2 to 6-7 bars depending on circumstances. Once you get practiced at maximizing your regenerative braking, you'll see higher levels - and that also benefits your MPG. Read up on "pulse and glide" driving to learn how to get the most MPG from your car.

5. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!