1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius not Bulletproof

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jbarnhart, Nov 15, 2006.

1. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

I searched for "Prius" in the YouTube site and found this gem.

WARNING: Graphic violence to Prius gen I in video!!!

What is a Prius good for?

2. chimohio

chimohio New Member

What a waste - the guy is obviously either an idiot or possessed.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I was just about to post it.

Yeah, what an idiot. At least, when he destroyed the Toyota Hilux, he was trying to proof how durable they are. With this, he's just spreading hate lol.

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    All that ammo wasted and Billy Bob still had a Prius in his parking space, which now'll have to towed.

6. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yea, he is an idiot. And his companion on the show is in the hospital from some of this crap. And what he does not know about Billy-Bob (because he is an ignoramous about north americans), is that his next target is a Lotus Exige, and after that the Golf TDI (or Golf anything). In Billy-Bob's mind there is not much difference between those cars.

And if he had half a mind to not lie to us, he would point out the difference between the Prius generation one he is driving (which gets typically 45 mpg) and the generation two he is spouting specs of. He knows better, as he reviewed the generation two on another bit. I mean, he comes from the Isle of small and slow cars, that go good around corners.

Now TDI's are good cars if your out in Utah, where people are far between. In Chicagoland there is enough fart smell from the people, let alone having it come out the back of our cars, too.

7. lizaoreo

lizaoreo New Member

Eh, I don't care for the guy, I've seen one of his hits at the Prius already and it's clear he's a fool. Sure there are negatives to the Prius, everything has a downside of some sort, but he drags it out to the extreme.

8. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jbarnhart @ Nov 15 2006, 06:05 PM) [snapback]349815[/snapback]</div>
    Even if it wasn't a Prius this is an atrocious, tasteless bit of video. Surprisingly it seems to come from the BBC, which used to have a reputation for high-minded entertainment with accuracy and quality

9. Hobbs

Hobbs New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I just watched the clip. Brilliant! So funny. The man is a genius.

As he works for the BBC it means that he has a lot more scope to say what he wants and do what he wants. There are no manufacturer’s advert fees for the producers to worry about. (The BBC has no adverts.) I would recommend watching his show (Top Gear) but you probably don’t get it as it would upset the sponsors.

To me the clip is more to do with the attitude of V8 drivers. That they don’t care. An important message I think.

10. bobo69

bobo69 New Member

Its humor pure and simple, if it was a hummer up there then you guys would praise Clarkson for what a genius he is, but because it’s a Prius you all whine about it. The show is quite possibly the funniest program on TV and I highly recommend that you download some more clips or even whole episodes. It is intended for the people that are passionate about cars and more importantly driving. You would also be surprised at how many Brits know more about the U.S. than we do.

11. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    we aren't "whining" about it - we're pointing out what a piece of crap it is. his analysis of the car is completely off base. I could drive one of his cars, like that Golf he's so excited about, and completely trash it too - but i'd be completely off base, as well. the problem is, he actually believes what he's saying about the car and how horrible it is, and people are listening to him and believing him.

12. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Nov 16 2006, 10:33 AM) [snapback]350122[/snapback]</div>
    I don't think he really believes it. He's just a good actor. I believe he has a PhD in engineering (doctorate).
    You're right, a lot of his viewers probably do believe him.

13. bobo69

bobo69 New Member

people that watch Top Gear dont want to see green cars they couldn't care less, the show is famous for absurdism and exotic cars where does the prius fit in? if you watch some more clips you will see that Top Gear isnt like Motorweek or Car and Driver TV, it is a completely different show. its like sitting around the pub talking about cars and having some beers. I know I said it before but it is a show for drivers and gear heads.

14. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"Billy Bob's never beeen to England"

LOL, that was funny.

Come on guys lighten up, the guy doesn't like the Prius. You have to admit he's funny though.

15. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    "He thinks Deliverance is a documentary"

Hilarious... LMAO!

16. Ken Cooper

Ken Cooper New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SW03ES @ Nov 16 2006, 09:29 AM) [snapback]350153[/snapback]</div>
    Got me to chuckling. I suspect he could care less about the Prius. He found a topic that he felt the audience would get a kick out of. He's a comic. And by the way, he used the earlier Prius, the one that didn't go over all that well with the majority of folks anyway.

I think it deserves a hearty LOL. And yes, the deliverance/documentary comment was humor at its finest.

17. Verrückt

Verrückt New Member

I can understand the lack of Prius appeal in Europe.

You can get a 170 hp Golf GT diesel that can do over 50 mpg on the highway and go 0-60 in less than 8 seconds and beats the Prius in just about anything.

Sitting in bumper to bumper gridlock, the hybrid would be nice...but for anything else, there are better solutions in Europe. There are a handful of diesels that AVERAGE 80 mpg.

[​IMG]

18. ekpolk

ekpolk What could possibly...

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobo69 @ Nov 16 2006, 08:00 AM) [snapback]350074[/snapback]</div>
    Nope, sorry, I'd be calling him an idiot if it were a Hummer (of any sort) up there. In either instance, I'd be wondering who is behind the production of the clip. I mean, who has such an important agenda that they're willing to destroy thousands of dollars worth of functional transportation machine, to say nothing of production costs, to make the point. Fe, fi, fo, fum, I smell the blood of ... Art Spinelli!

19. Verrückt

Verrückt New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ekpolk @ Nov 16 2006, 01:23 PM) [snapback]350236[/snapback]</div>

That's right!

It's not like anyone else ever breaks anything in mainstream media.

er

wait.

20. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Seems to me his description of the Prius was pretty accurate and fair. We get about 39mpg which is lower than what he said, and have rattles in the dash I haven't been able to get rid of.

Pass me the mustard please.