1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius OEM Projectors + Foglight Question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Eric Henley, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Eric Henley

Eric Henley Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    2 questions just recently upgraded from gen 2 to gen 3 prius...

1.) OEM projectors... Look to be a standard bulb but wanted to confirm if I wanted to get HIDS like gen 2 that I would need the full HID kit rather than just a bulb?

2.) After market Foglight kit that replicates the OEM fogs on juiced hybrid... Will these function the same way headlights do... I like to keep my headlights and fog lights on all the time and when I lock the doors they automatically turn off... This is how they worked on gen2 prius but wanted somebody to confirm its the same behavior on gen 3???

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes, and yes.

The OEM projectors use H11 halogen bulbs, as do the OEM foglights. So yes, you have to get a complete kit which includes bulbs and ballasts. Whether you decide to go with 55w or 35w ballasts and what color/temperature bulbs is a whole other discussion. ;)

The foglight relay trigger wire must be wired to a +12V source that is hot only when in Ready mode. That way, even if you leave the manual dash switch for the foglights on, the relay will cut power to the foglights when the car is shut down.

SCH-I535

TsKarma likes this.
  3. Eric Henley

Eric Henley Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If you want to know exact instructions call Daron over at audio works... (302) 453-0730

Hell tell you exactly what's needed (sorry I don't have a good background to relay this info)