1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

prius oil filters. toyota brand.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by pete bogumill, Aug 12, 2006.

1. pete bogumill

pete bogumill New Member

hi prius people. question. ? rather than paying retail at toyota garage. does any one know of a place that sells oil filters toyota brand by the case online? wonder how many per case and if it would be much cheaper? if a person stays with a prius a case may not be a bad idea? so if any web sites are found on this please let me know. B) thank you very much ;) pete

2. sloflier

sloflier Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pete bogumill @ Aug 12 2006, 08:58 AM) [snapback]302127[/snapback]</div>
    Bought my case from this guy: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZtrdparts4u

Good guy...free shipping and you get 10 filters for $39.99. He also sells the plug gaskets for $6.99 (10 of them).

3. pete bogumill

pete bogumill New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sloflier @ Aug 12 2006, 11:24 AM) [snapback]302136[/snapback]</div>
    thank you very much for your fast and good reply! ;) pete

4. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Can't remember where I saw this, but in one of the Prius forums someone mentioned this site:

www.toyotapartsdelivered.com

Price was $31.53 for 10 filters plus $8.00 shipping. Can't remember whether they sell drain plug gaskets. I haven't bought from them, but I made myself a note to try them as I approach my next oil change (unless something better comes along in the meantime).

Jim

5. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I will have to search my e-mail but one of the Toyota Dealers online sold the filter and included the plug gasket for free... I bought 5 at the time and still have two left maybe... I carry on in the car at all times... I can get moble one anywhere but not that filter...

later

6. rudiger

rudiger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Here is the website of one of the Toyota dealers where you can order a case of 10 oil filters online for $39.90 with no shipping charges (drain plug gaskets not included):

Toyota of Dallas Parts Order

Use the 'Search' tab with either the part name or number.

You can also order individual filters for $3.70/ea, but you must then also pay the exorbitant shipping charges.

Prius specifications call for Toyota oil filter part # 90915-YZZF2. However, consider ordering Toyota part # 90915-YZZF1, instead. It is the same price and diameter, but is slightly longer (about an 1"), making it easier to get hold of and it holds a bit more oil (which will help alleviate the oil capacity 'issue' somewhat). It's the oil filter some Prius owners use (myself included).

The only reasons I can think of why Toyota might use these shorter filters is cost (they might be a fraction of a cent cheaper to make) and/or clearance. A filter that sticks out around an inch longer would be more susceptable to damage, particularly on a car without much ground clearance. However, it doesn't seem to stick out that far, to me, so I'm not concerned.

7. opossum

opossum Junior Member

8. marvmmarv

marvmmarv New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Can anyone verify that the 90915-YZZF1 is a direct replacement for the 90915-YZZF2 (except for the length, of course)? Same opening pressure for the bypass, etc.?

I think I have some of them left over from my last car.

Thanks!

Marv

9. osiris12

osiris12 Owner of 3, yes three priuses

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  10. itsnicetobe

itsnicetobe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have a box (10 Filters) of Toyota (OEM) for 2010 Prius. Part # 04152-YZZA6, that I would like to sell.

If interested, let me know.

11. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    we actually buy at dealer.. less then $4, cheaper then any online store, no shipping

12. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I can't get my head around the "Costco" mentality, at least not in this case:

This is a relatively cheap item. You need one once bi-yearly at the most: just buy as you go, might cost you an extra $1 per year, LOL.

(Speaking of Costco: was there last night, eying business size envelopes. They came in a (massive) box of 500. Started thinking: "lessee, I might mail 10 letters a year, likely less but say 10: so this will last me...: 50 years!. By that time will you still be able to mail a letter?")

13. itsnicetobe

itsnicetobe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I still have a box (10 Filters) of Toyota (OEM) for 2010 Prius. Part # 04152-YZZA6, that I would like to sell. $35.00 and I'll pay shipping in the USA.

If interested, let me know.

Thanks

14. MONKEY2

MONKEY2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    how much are you selling these for? I am interested.
    Thanks,
    [email protected]