1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius on Capital Hill

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by jburns, Jun 3, 2006.

1. jburns

jburns Senior Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I know this has to be posted here someplace but I couldn't find it, so on the off chance that it wasn't, I thought I'd post the link. Scroll down for some great pictures.

Prius Wows Congress

2. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's awsome! Now if only all those photo op's would actually lead to some action on energy policy to save the US from certain doom.... <_<

3. MikeSF

MikeSF Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bgdrewsif @ Jun 3 2006, 09:03 PM) [snapback]265428[/snapback]</div>
    That's what I was thinking too, the optimistic side thought immediately "WOO! Now many Congress will shift towards better efficiencies and not require every member of congress have a car for them that's a huge luxury car or SUV..." then the pessimestic side thought "Meh, they only want their 'see I'm for the environment' photo op"

4. bee13

bee13 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    One of the most important concepts depicted in all those photos is the so-called "infrastructure," that sort extension cord glowingly show-pieced by several members of the Congress. That little cable is the key to linking the high mileage capabilities of the Prius and other charge-from-the-grid transportation modes into the country's present electric infrastructure, and that has to be VERY attractive to those in power who truly want to chip away at our dependence on petrol and don't want to take a decade and a billion dollars to do it.