1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius on the Postsecret.com website

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dr_d12, Nov 29, 2008.

1. dr_d12

dr_d12 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just for interest's sake...

There is a postcard on PostSecret.com with a Prius being smashed by an SUV, along with pages of comments in the chat room. It's interesting to hear about the kind of misinformation and stupidity on the streets.

Postsecret.com

Link to the chat room

(Since the Website author changes the postcards every week on Sundays I'm including a pic of the postcard here)

While I'm on the topic, have you seen the "smug alert" South Park episode featuring the Prius?

Are you a Smug Prius driver?

Attached Files:

2. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hmm,

I not really sure this is much of a secret. Its the stereotype many of us Hybrid or Small Car drivers have of SUV and Pickup Truck owners. Does not make it true of all SUV / Pickup Truck owners, but we tend to hold this stereotype as it gets reinforced almost every day we are on the road. From even before we drove Hybrids. Indeed, the Prius was a step up in vehicle size for me.

The biggest misinformation being spread is that Hybrids are uneconomic, and that seems to be coming from the car industry sources. Again, no supprise there either. We have had loads of this over the years, all found out to be incorrect.

3. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    In response to the "shelling out a small savings" for one. What if you're in the market for a car anyway? I actually have had one of my friends ask me why I didn't just get a Mustang for the same price, to which i replied...can I fit a bike in the back of a Mustang? Can i put a 6 foot table in the back of a Mustang? Why not get the most environmentally friendly, fuel efficient car....I'm not trying to impress anyone and thats why theres the G35 for track days.