1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius on TV

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Wayne, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

Okay I'm editing this first post so the scoop can be seen here without reading several replies. Thanks geologyrox and qed !

The "plug-in" Prius will appear on the segment "CALCARS" on "Beyond Tomorrow", Episode 7 (a repeat of a July 13 episode), on the Science channel, this Wednesday 11/16. Check your local listings for details, but the one I found shows it at 9PM EST.

Synopsis:

With fuel costs increasing at an alarming rate, cars that run on a combination of a petrol engine and electric motor are becoming more popular in today’s market. Felix Kramer of the non-profit organization, Calcars, believes that he can optimise a hybrid car to drive your dollar even further. His idea is to take Toyota’s already popular Prius, and adapt the battery system so that the car can be plugged-in and charged overnight. The result is still a hybrid, called the Prius Plus, but the car uses electricity more efficiently.

2. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

I think the show the prius will be on is called "Beyond Tomorrow" - and the blurb they are using is something like 'and the prius gets plugged in on "Beyond Tomorrow"'

unfortunately, my DVR doesnt tell me what the episode will be about, and yahoo tv says '"Episode 7"
    [no description available] "

i've got it taping, regardless=)

3. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

What time/date is that on? Same channel?

4. QED

QED New Member

I also saw the promo on the Discovery Science Channel. The show is called 'Beyond
    Tomorrow". My DVR guide shows Beyond Tomorrow being played 3 times on Wednesday, with no other show details :( . You will have to check the local times.

Usually, they repeat episodes during the day, but I will record them all anyway :lol:

5. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

Bumping this so people can see the proper details in the first frame above.

6. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    There was a short piece on the NPR station I listen to. I only caught the end of it but it was about Seattle "upgrading" the batteries on their "hybrid" cars to let them get 20 mi at city speeds. Sounded like it was a done deal moving on to implementation this year! I am going to call KPLU and ask to talk to the reporter. It was a local story. Anyone hear the whole piece or some other news story on this.

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If it's Discover Channel you can go to their website and they'll have a write up of what the episode is, time and any repeats there may be. They often repeat it the same night three hours later or in the wee small hours of the morning. They sometimes repeat on the weekends or later in the month. You can usually look it up on their website.

8. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

Thier web site doesn't even say what's on EP 7:

Hosts travel the world covering innovations and breakthroughs in all areas of life including medicine, robots, wildlife management, and the next generation of shopping.

9. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

10. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

11. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

I just went to Google, and typed in "Beyond Tomorrow" "Episode 7"...

It was the first entry. ;)