1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius owners in Louisville?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by mbarlow, Feb 1, 2008.

1. mbarlow

mbarlow Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hi y'all! I just bought a loaded '04 and am not sure which "package" it is. It has nav, JBL 6-disc, HID, pretty much everything but leather and hydroponic garden in back (Kamakiriad-1993;)).

I looked at many options before settling on the Prius, but Steve at autobeyours is one persuasive and informative guy. I'm looking forward to exploring the technology and learning more about the car. I've lurked here for a couple months and have observed that you've developed a very helpful and civil forum here. Congratulations, things aren't always so nice at the Passat sites I visit.

Thanks for all the advice up to now. My immediate concerns are getting my phone book (or any numbers) loaded into the car, figuring out a solution for iPod integration and the nav system (saving favorite addresses, etc.). Have a do-dah-day!

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Welcome to Priuschat and congrats on your new Prius.

I have an '04 and if yours is fully loaded then you have a package #9 (BC). That's my package. '04 was the only year in which there were nine packages. #9 was the only package with all the safety features (side airbags, VSC, driver assist, etc) plus the 6-disk CD player and the NAV. Oh yeah, and the smart key.

As for iPod, I struggle with that myself. I was given an FM transmitter but it must have been really cheap because I simply couldn't get it to work.

I can't help you with the phone book because though my car is bluetooth ready, my phone isn't.

As for the NAV, if you have the manual, read it a couple times. Then, when it's warmer outside, sit in th car with the manual and try the things you read about in the manual. That's what I did and I think it worked out pretty well.