1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Owners Smile

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Cacti, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Cacti

Cacti Poleikleng

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  2. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll be glad when there is more competition for the Prius, aka the coming Honda Hybrid.

Yesterday offered 2 package 5's non-touring, one at $27,150 , only floor mats, before TTL

the other at $27,545 before TTL, a 2009 model. So, ~ $30k OTD for a pack5 where many posted up closer to $27k otd April of this year.

Lack of supply bites.

4. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That's weird that it wasn't in the "opinion" section of their site. There was almost no actual information in that article... Not to mention the fact that they extensively quoted online forum members, collectively the least reliable source of real fact, or even real opinions in the world!! :D

And I'm not excluding PC in that characterization of forum posters... there are individuals who have plenty of good things to say, but tally up all the posts, and even PC is a tremendous source of misinformation, and outrageous (and probably sometimes fabricated) opinions.

I hope at least they contacted the posters who were quoted to ask permission to quote them. :rolleyes:

5. bac

bac Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Sorry .... I didn't read past "Fox News ..." :rolleyes:

... Brad

6. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    I just wish people would STOP calling the Prius a "green car" (unless it's painted that colour).
    ALL cars are hard on the environment. The Prius is just a little less so.
    If you want a "green car" imagine what it would be like. Imagine driving it. That's about all you can do to create one. If you try to buy it it becomes "not green".

7. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    It's all relative.
    Yes, producing and driving any vehicle will damage the environment.
    Perhaps the more accurate term would be 'greener'. As the Prius does much LESS damage to the environment than a Lincoln Town Car stretch limo:)
    Using less gasoline is 'greener' than using lots of gasoline.
    If the average vehicle on the road got 150mpg, no one would consider the Prius green, even though the exact same car is considered green when the average vehicle on the road gets 22mpg.

8. Brennos

Brennos Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    ""I think that we Prius owners need a dating/whatever program, to hook us up with other Prius owners," says one poster on Priuschat.com.
    He admits it's half a joke, but says it "stems from my inability to look at people with gas-burning cars as attractive.""

I think we are missing the most important quote from the article..

so when are we setting up the PC dating site??

9. Celtic Blue

Celtic Blue New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    That dating quote is from 2005. Is this Fox News or Fox Olds. Nevermind, I know what their demographic is.

10. Celtic Blue

Celtic Blue New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You have to love the following from the article:

Reality Check! A $45,000+ Denali was in her price range, but hybrids costing roughly half as much aren't? :twitch:

I'm going to take a stab at translating for her:
    "If I wasn't so upside down in my loan I would sell this overpriced, account-draining, leviathan, and buy a hybrid for half the monthly payment and 1/4th the operating cost," says LeBlanc.

11. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    We could start our own version of Geico commericials : She's not a real actress, so to tell her story, we hired Shawn Clark of PriusChat. But there's definitely people here, I'd be worried how they'd do the interpretation! :D

12. robbyr2

robbyr2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    She probably meant the Prius didn't cost enough to impress her family, friends and neighbors. She has "higher" standards, you could say...

13. Plymouth Patrick

Plymouth Patrick Future Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I love that one too...

14. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This phenomenon will take another leap forward when PHEV are offered. A Liter of electrons is more cost effective than a Liter of gasoline, especially when you can regenerate the electrons from your photovoltaic panels at home - thereby being able to bypass fuel stations.

15. Celtic Blue

Celtic Blue New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    That could very well be true, thanks for suggesting it. Perhaps what she is saying is that if Toyota asked $50,000 for the Prius, then it would be in her price range. :crazy: It is time for the Lexus variant I believe, no changes except the badging and some leather. :whoo: (Forgive me, Lexus buyers, I really am only joking.)

There are really folks who see things more in terms of asking price though. They look at the price tag before they decide if something is a good product; and they seem to reason that the higher the price, the better it must be. Me, I have the unfortunate habit of picking the one I like best, then looking at the price and realizing it is way more than I'm willing to spend. :eek:

16. jeffreykb

jeffreykb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    This is an entertaining article...I like it. Prius owners get to feel better about their vehicle choice...and toot their own horn.:horn:I would guess this translation is close to 100%.

17. divine190

divine190 New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Till the cars pass harmless bubbles, how can they be called eco friendly or for that matter green. Prius is greener can say.