1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Package -- how do I tell???

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by NigelC, Jan 23, 2009.

1. NigelC

NigelC New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Just found this forum, and looks like a good place to find out stuff.

I have a 2007 Prius with the nav system, cruise control, leather seats, 6-way CD system... We bought it new as our local dealer was clearing out the 2007 models :)

But now I come here, and people talk about "Package #5" and "Touring Package" and stuff. How do I find out what I've got?

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You have either the Standard Prius or the Touring Edition Prius with Package #6.

Check your wheels/tires. If they're 15" then you have the Standard Prius Package #6. If they're 16" then you have the Touring Edition Prius Package #6.

BTW, here's a link to the 2007 Prius eBrochure:

http://www.toyotacertified.com/ebrochures/07_prius.pdf

Congrats and welcome to PriusChat. Best place on earth for things Prius.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  4. NigelC

NigelC New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks. That helps. Tomorrow I shall check.

5. J_w73

J_w73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Did they sell any touring with the 6 spoke 15 inch wheels/tire? I just bought a used prius that was advertised at touring. Just read about the 16 inch wheels on touring.. I am wondering if the dealer misrepresented what they were selling.. or if it is a touring with 15 inch rims for some reason (better gas mileage) .. i see there are some other items on the touring.. how can I check and tell for sure..??

6. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    All Touring models have 16" alloys, longer rear spoiler, stiffer suspension and HIDs and foglights.

7. J_w73

J_w73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks.. I found out I do not have a touring model to my disappointment..
    the deal marketed the car as a Touring when they sold it to me.

8. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That sucks. Did you want a Touring model? I find that they never seem to bother to list everything when it comes to used vehicles or more likely than not, it's mislabelled.

9. J_w73

J_w73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I haggled the price based on it being a Touring.. At the time I didn't really know the difference .. just knew the Touring was "better" and more expensive..
    fouind out after coming to this site and just being curious what the differences were between the two. I am gathering evidence right now but I am going to go into the dealer this weekend and let them know how I feel. I am looking for them to make good on the deal some how.. If they don't I am getting prepared to take them to small claims court. I have two web ads that show them advertising the car I bought as a touring. When sitting down to do the deal I searched craigslist on my phone and saw a prius "touring" at the same price as mine.. clicked on a link and it took me to another page listing it as a touring model showing the vin number of the car I bought..so that is what I went with and compared other touring models and used that to formulate a price I would be confortable paying..
    I think I might have a pretty good case..but you never know
    I'm pretty sure the used window sticker said touring too but they won't give me the original even though I asked for it at the time of sale. I have asked just the other day for it and they gave me a photo copy version that I'm pretty sure isn't the same one that was on the car....I am not 100% it said touring.. but I do know that the 3yr/3000mile comprehesive "logo" was missing or covered up.. I remember this because he mentioned it when talking about the certified preowned priuses in general and I noticed it not saying it on the sticker of the car I was buying like the other cars.. and I specifically asked him if the car had the 3yr/3000 like the others..
    the photo copy had the 3yr/3000 on it clear as day.. so they did something..
    i'm trying to get a copy or link to the ad they had on their website too.. its not up anymore and I can't find it in the cache on my computer.. I'm emailing the company that is in charge of posting their car sales on the web..
    I do have printouts and photos of the other websites that show the touring and the vin number

10. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Alrighty. Good luck!

11. Benggolf

Benggolf Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is that how the Touring models are equipped down the States?
    Our Canadian version is equipped with 17" alloy wheels and 215/45R x 17 tires, isn't it?

12. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    They're talking about the US Gen II Prius Touring Edition that was sold in the 2007-2009 model years.

I think you're talking about the Canadian Gen III 2010 Prius.

Note, however, that I think the Canadian Gen II Prius for a couple of model years at least had the same 16" wheels and suspension as the US Touring Edition.

13. Benggolf

Benggolf Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for clarifying, Boo. :)

14. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah we didn't get the 16" alloys on the Gen II until 2008 (with the "Special Edition"). 2009 saw the return to 15" alloys (but the longer spoiler remained) for the base model and 16" alloys for the Premium and Nav models.