1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Package V-(5)-Five

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by diggs753, Jun 22, 2010.

1. diggs753

diggs753 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Looking into buying one of these soon.

Looking for real world feedback on how the large tires and leather seating have influenced your decision and would you do it again.

2. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  3. samsprius1

samsprius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
  4. eldiee

eldiee Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I would recomend a V, as we have had ours one year today and it has been a great in all respects. Our over all average calculated is a little over 52 mpg. It handles very good in all coditions.

5. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yes, we bought our V with Navi (no ATP package was yet available in my area) just over a year ago. My ONLY regret is not having bought the ATP package.

Every time I drive a different Prius (2010 models), I feel the difference immediately. Buy it, you will not be unhappy!

6. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I got a Prius V for a lot of reasons--including the 17" wheels, leather, LED headlights, fog lights, etc., and am very happy with my decision.

I'm sure you'll hear others agreeing with their decisions...but don't expect too many (if any) second guessing their decisions--it's human nature. ;)

7. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The only way to get what I wanted meant taking the leather & 17" wheels. I am pleased with the handling & the seats are more comfortable than the Gen2. If I needed to replace my V-AT today I'd start shopping for another V-AT tomorrow.

8. chajones

chajones Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a Prius IV, which comes with leather heated seats. When I bought my 2008 Prius I did not get leather because heated seats were not available. That was a big mistake. I do a lot of driving and the cloth interior got dirty too quickly and I had to clean it too often. I also think the leather seat cushions are more comfortable, although that can be subjective.

9. SDM44

SDM44 SeƱor Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Main reason why I got the V over the IV, was because of the looks and because they're more rare to see on the road.

Whenever I see another V on the road (which is like 1/30 times in LA), it immediately stands out from other Prius cars.

10. njmurvin

njmurvin Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If the V had a sunroof option, I would have gotten that. Sunroof was a requirement for us. Didn't care that much about the solar roof, but it turns out to be kinda nice - especially with the dark grey leather. I admit the 17s make the V look better. I also think the black roof on the blizzard pearl looks good (as good as a Prius can look, that is ;)). If it weren't a leased car, I'd consider getting 17" aftermarket wheels.

11. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    For me, LED headlights was a must because i drive on dark highways more often than i want...and no halogens have proven to be adequate for my poor eyes. 17" rims AND better steering were an added bonus...however, i would have been happy with the 15" rims and slightly sloppier steering. ATP is a must for me...now that i have experienced it.

12. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I am very happy with my choice of a V, if a tree fell on it tonight I would certainly consider another one. One important thing that influenced my decision was the faster steering ratio, for me this makes the car much more drivable.

I also like the LED lights, heated leather seats, and of course the wheel/tire package. If you get a V you also have the option of ordering the ATP and the DRCC is very worthwhile. The PCS probably is too, but I hope I don't find out for sure. :)

13. NovaStu

NovaStu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Re: Enjoy it! (Prius Package V-(5)-Five)

I have had mine for about a year and remain totally satisfied with it. Every time I get behind the wheel and turn on the DRCC my enjoyment is renewed. Of all the features, that one makes the car truly special. Today, for example, I got onto I-66 in Rosslyn, VA and drove about 25 miles west in rush hour traffic and only had to tap the brakes once and endure about a 2 mile slowdown where traffic was moving less than 25 MPH. The car flawlessly tracked the speed of the cars in front of me, speeding up and slowing down as necessary with no input from me. Uncanny! I know other cars have it too, but couple it with the other bennies of the V and I think it's an unbeatable combination.

14. LeadingEdgeBoomer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I bought the V with ATP for the technology (LED headlights, better handling, DRCC--love it, PCS) and the comfort (leather, lumbar support and heated seats are in IV and V). All of these features have delivered as promised.

15. chrisj428

chrisj428 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    What Eagle Man said (except I've only had mine about eight months).