1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Paper Model

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sabujo, Dec 4, 2005.

1. sabujo

sabujo New Member

Greets to all,

As of introduction, I am from Portugal and I am nearly a Prius owner. Made my order last Monday for a Silver 05 Prius and it should be ready for pickup by the end of this week. I am really anxious for the car.

My motif regarding this post refers to a paper model of the Toyota Prius that I have seen in a blog HERE. The question is: do anyone have these blue prints in order to construct this model? I have searched the web for it but I just find a very rough version of it that I really don't like. Anyone got this file?

Thanks very much! :)

2. Liam

Liam New Member

Prius_color is the actual paper cutout, prius_manual is the instructions and is in Japanese.

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

This is too cool! I'm gonna try to photoshop the colors to something else and try to assemble when I get a chance.

I wonder if this can be printed out on regular paper, or if it would look better if printed out on slightly heavier photo paper.

If anyone does this, post some pictures.

4. sabujo

sabujo New Member

Many thanks for the fast answer! That's exactly what I wanted. Now if we use Illustrator we might be able to change colors and add other addons.

The best of vectorial drawings is that we can make them on regular paper or extra large paper without loosing quality.

Thank you very much Liam

5. habel

habel New Member

6. orionll

orionll Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was wondering if I could get the prius_color.pdf file. The link seems to be broken.

7. orionll

orionll Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(orionll @ Oct 18 2006, 05:44 PM) [snapback]334858[/snapback]</div>
    P.S. I forgot to add that if I could get the prius_manual.pdf file and someone or something to help read the Japanese. I sort of want to make this Prius model. Thanks :)

8. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

I am not sure if this is the original file or not. It is all I could find on my hard drive....

[attachmentid=5373]

Attached Files:

9. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Here is the manual for that cutout Paper Prius- in Japanese of course.
    [attachmentid=5378]

Attached Files:

10. orionll

orionll Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(inventor00 @ Oct 19 2006, 07:50 AM) [snapback]335028[/snapback]</div>
    Now do you happen to know some nice person (or program/machine) that can translate this?

11. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There are several free translators on the net that will translate Japanese to English.

Google "free translators".

12. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You know. Shame on me. I've had this model and the instructions for more than a year now and have yet to actually build it.

13. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(orionll @ Oct 19 2006, 07:16 PM) [snapback]335302[/snapback]</div>
    I think this is a case where you need to follow the pictures. A picture is worth 1000 words, infinitely more if you can't read the words in the first place.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Oct 19 2006, 09:57 PM) [snapback]335359[/snapback]</div>
    I started the assembly last year too, but after doing the front grill to the hood part, lost interest. In the interim the SO chucked the thing in the trash cause it was "clutter."

14. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, this model had been languishing in my To Do folder for too long, so it was time to do something with it. I of course made it my color, and the license plates are tiny photographs of my own.

This is not a model for beginners. First, the instructions are Japanese, making interpreatation of the somewhat inadequate assembly illustrations a bit ambiguous, especially for the nose pieces. Also the general fit, while excellent, does require some experience to achieve properly, as there are NO alignment markings. But with patience and practice the kit does become a decent model.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That's awesome!

Perhaps I'll get around to building one of my own.

16. KAR IDEA

KAR IDEA Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    That's excellent work airportkid...IMHO.