1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

prius phonebook and motorola v710

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by bokuwasaiko, Dec 15, 2004.

1. bokuwasaiko

bokuwasaiko New Member

Does anyone know if there's a way to manually enter entries into the phonebook in my '04 Prius?

I just bought a Motorola v710 and it seems to work great, but in the manual I see all sorts of pictures where it has a name and number in the phonebook. I don't see anywhere to manually put things into the phonebook. Actually, I don't know how to put things into the phonebook aside from taking it from the incoming and outgoing calls, and that doesn't have any caller ID data so I don't get the name.

It's sort of a pain getting somebody's number and wanting to put it in the Prius but you can't unless one of you actually calls the other. :)

I have a horrible feeling the only way I'm going to get the names in the phonebook is by transferring my contact list from my phone via Bluetooth.... which the v710 can't do. Any ideas? Or did I just miss something really obvious?

thanks

Matt Dukes
    [email protected]

2. wesj49

wesj49 Junior Member

If you have a laptop with bluetooth built in or a usb bluetooth adapter, you can use it to upload a contacts list from Outlook Express or probably any other contacts app that supports bluetooth file transfer. I will try and upload a file to this forum describing the process. I have already put one into the Bluetooth folder of the Yahoo Prius-2G group.

3. nannyandnutro

nannyandnutro New Member

Do you think it would be possible to do this transfer with my bluetooth equipped Clie?

4. wesj49

wesj49 Junior Member

Yes, if it supports bluetooth file transfer or business card transfer. I have transfered individual numbers using an ipaq 4150. For some unknown reason the ipaq doesn't see the file transfering abilities of the Prius so it will only transfer one contact at a time, which is not so bad if you already have a substantial phone book and only want to make a single transfer or two. I have uploaded an instruction file into the file section. The process works the same for a pda, laptop or even a desktop computer if its close enough to the car.