1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

prius pictures - commonly asked questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by peart75, Aug 17, 2004.

1. peart75

peart75 New Member

i started a gallery of my car and included some items that i have seen people ask about and give a better feel of the car to people who do not have one yet.. i would like to continue adding pictures so it can become a reference point. please let me know what i could/should add so the collection can grow.

http://gallery.joesdiner.com/gallery/Prius

thanks,
    drew

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Nice work. I would add 2 things. Pictures of the various storage areas in the open position. My wife was most impressed with the storage. It is a XX thing. Also the water bottle storage in the door. Also on the exterior the fog lamps and most importantly the front ground clearance. This is not a off road vehicle. Take care and go slow on steep ramps, speed bumps. I am a former SUV driver who has to relearn curbs, speed bumps, steep ramps etc..

3. peart75

peart75 New Member

thank you, i will try to make some time tomorrow after work to get these done.

-drew

4. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Those are the best pictures I have ever seen of a Prius. Great Job!!!

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Really well done photos, I'm particularly impressed with the interior ones...they can be a b*tch if lighting isn't just right...looks like you had a nice overcast day with minimal shadows.

Have you got a sick photo habit like I do?

6. Kev1000000

Kev1000000 New Member

what camera do you have?

The lighting like efusco said was perfect! As was the focusing

7. hbolter

hbolter New Member

Great photos, and of course, great car!

Thank you for posting these! There are a number of them I think you could use in a brochure--they're that good! Did you use a tripod and an external flash?

A newbie question--do you find the MFD distracting? When I test drove the Prius, I was so paranoid about driving carefully I didn't really pay any attention to it! The photos, however, show how fascinating it is!

8. LeVautRien

LeVautRien Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    These really are superb photos...thanks for contributing. Now I can get a little better feeling for the ol' tan interior, since I'll be getting that slightly to my dismay in my black #9. The fact that there are still contrasting dark parts makes it much more bearable.

But again, thanks!

9. bookrats

bookrats New Member

For all those of us waiting for a Tideland Pearl Prii -- thank you!!

10. bookrats

bookrats New Member

What is this?

Question about this picture of the back trunk of the Prius:

[​IMG]

What is that little coupler (?) with the red piece of tape on it, just to the left of the hybrid battery?

Anyone know?

11. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I believe that's a crash sensor (one of several) that will disable the HV battery upon impact. Tried to find it in the EWD, but wasn't successful though.

12. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Very nice pictures.

13. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Nice pictures Drew. It looks like your car has been farther off road than most Hummers :)

14. peart75

peart75 New Member

Evan,

yes, i love photography =]
    i have plenty more in that gallery if you wanna poke around.

as far as lighting, about 6 PM, in the driveway, completely shaded by the house next door.

these were taken with my Nikon D100 switching between a stock 28-80, 50 f/1.4, and my 80-200 f/2.8

15. LeVautRien

LeVautRien Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, you've got some great stuff in there. The pictures in the San Diego Fires gallery were quite striking, as it was something I certainly don't see much. The picture of the beer can and the lighter was the best picture of the bunch, though, taken in such a context.

16. peart75

peart75 New Member

Re: Great photos, and of course, great car!

no tripod used for these, no external flash (i don't even have one!) it's pictures like these that give me reason to love my D100.

MFD is somewhat distracting, i do refer to it often while driving to see what i could do for better efficiency. i have only had the car about 2 weeks so this may be in part why i am still focused on it.

thanks =]

drew

17. peart75

peart75 New Member

heh, thanks. i think that collection is a bit weak though. i wanted to go back a few days later to get a lot more but never made it out.

-drew

18. peart75

peart75 New Member

rick,

interesting, is this just a guess or has someone else mentioned it to you? i asked my dealer what it was when i went for delivery. they didn't know. i was thinking it may be SE/SS sensor.

-drew

19. LeVautRien

LeVautRien Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well hey, I'm no great photographer, so what would I know ;).

About the MFD, though, now that it's been mentioned, I think it's really great that you have multiple displays in there. I'd never actually seen pictures of anything other than the screen that shows the MPG tidbits and the one that shows where the power is coming from.

20. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ah, geez, we're gonna hafta talk photography one day...I've actually got a little side 'for fun' business doing some portrait/family photos for friends and co-workers. I got a D70 right when it came out...?May? and have just been stunned by the quality of print I can get. I just sold a 16x20 print that was about a 70% crop of the original and just couldn't see ANY loss of detail, pixilation or digital artifact at all...and I tell you I was looking!

Can't wait for the D2X...my Nikon stock consists of an FM2n (sold another to help pay for the D70), my F5 that I haven't touched since getting the D70 but doubt I'll EVER be able to part with. I've got the 80-200/2.8, a 35-70/2.8, 105/2.8 micro, 50/1.4 AIS, 17-35/2.8 AFS. I've got a couple sets of studio strobes, a couple speedlights and more photo 'junk' that has all but put me in the poor house than I'd like to admit. It's my true passion to get me truely away from work!