1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PRIUS PLUG IN

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by DONTMESS, Jan 25, 2007.

1. DONTMESS

DONTMESS New Member

-----Original Message----- From: Tony ] Sent: 11 January 2007 11:47 To: [email protected] Subject: prius Hello I am about to purchase a Toyta Prius on the 1st of March [07] and was looking through the writ up and stumbled on your Plug in version. Could you please tell me how much it cost to convert. Tony G

Tony, The conversion is GBP£8500 + VAT fitted. Kind regards, Simon Sheldon.

Simon By that’s a bit steep what’s the batteries made of gold. £2000 I was thinking it might be and then I have to think would I save that in petrol. Its a lot of money. I would have to keep the car 20years + to come even.

Tony, We are sold out until June this year at £8500 + VAT. Its cutting edge battery technology that is cheaper then the standard Toyota system per Wh its just 7 times larger in capacity, hence the price. £2000 wouldn’t pay for the installation and electronics without the batteries it’s a very high tech system we build. We try to be transparent with clients and tell them that if saving money is the only reason for doing this then there is no effective conversion for the Prius that will ever do that. Kind regards, Simon.

2. Ari

Ari New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  3. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Awesome response.

Make gasoline $15/gallon, and suddenly you CAN save money by doing this.

4. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Jan 25 2007, 05:59 PM) [snapback]380907[/snapback]</div>
    Besides. It's the principle of the thing. Unfortunately I don't have enough principle (money) at the moment.

Dave M.

5. aminorjourney

aminorjourney Mum to two prius!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    For what it's worth we're hoping AmberJack will appear in Bristol in a month or show to launch the charging station that BEVOB has tirelessly campaigned for at one of our shopping malls. Perhaps I can get some photographs of the conversion etc. From what I understand it's the same as the E-drive system in the states.

Nikki.