1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius plus 2014 Japanese Alpha model: heat works intermittently

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by LOVINGTHEGIFT.COM, Oct 16, 2022.

1. LOVINGTHEGIFT.COM

LOVINGTHEGIFT.COM Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi there people
    Prius Plus 2014 Japanese Alpha model
    So the fan works fine, its just the heat takes a long while to heat up-I do most;y short journeys of 5/10 minutes but sometimes seems to be fine-any advice welcome, thanks in advance! Maybe sensor or thermostat issue- awkward to get to I think to check? Maybe its the short journeys.

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The first thing I would do is drive it for a longer time and verify that a fully warmed up engine will produce plenty of heater warmth. That could rule out several possibilities.

Short trips might be the issue as engine heat is the primary heat source. A scanner could monitor engine coolant temperature. I know my v will only warm up to 110f on a cold start before the engine cuts off. However there is a 50 amp supplemental electric heating element designed to add some heat at this stage. It may be disabled in Eco mode. Also, check the 50 amp electric heat fuse in the engine compartment.

Other issues could be the actual heater control valves and dampers. Low coolant has been known to inhibit heater operation.

LOVINGTHEGIFT.COM and Air_Boss like this.