1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Plus Package - Order aftermarket

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by vidoprof, Jul 27, 2011.

1. vidoprof

vidoprof New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Parts Specials

Looks like you might be able to purchase it after you order your car. It seems like according to their webpage you can order this for any 2010+ prius.

Ryan

2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you are looking for something after initial purchase then I would just go aftermarket. It's cheaper and there are much cooler looking parts available. If I was ordering the car brand new then it might be a consideration due to fit and finish as well as financing the upgrade as a part of the total car.

4. waiwaiet

waiwaiet New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    vidoprof, i would give them a ring and try....i was calling them, but my darn iphone has call failed in my hotel.....probably will try later~ (even though I don't think we can order it, but still it's worth a try.)

5. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Give them a call? That's like everybody in the world telling you the salesman is wrong and you still believe him. I guess you have nothing to lose, assuming some lowly personnel who picks up the phone doesn't improvise something and tell you what you want to hear.

6. vidoprof

vidoprof New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't want it, nor need it. I was just passing along some information. I bought my car new and decided against it only because I didn't like the rims THAT much. I think it was a good deal if you like every piece in that kit, I just don't. I am going after market for my rims and tires and MIGHT get a body kit...

Although I will say that I THINK it would be more aftermarket wise to get this since my rims and tires are looking like $1600 alone. Body Kits are running what $2k? Springs $200 then install and painting everything to match another what say $1,000. That's a little more than factory and none of it's under warranty if something goes wrong.

Ryan

7. waiwaiet

waiwaiet New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    wow wow wow 32kcolors, looks like you are on fire....i am sorry.....i was just thinking it doesnt cost anything to make a phone call and worth a try....but anyway........i am just sorry of what i said then.....

8. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I agree with F8L, but it's not just that...Dealers who sell parts are SLEAZY. They tend to overvalue their parts. Almost always the same parts can be found elsewhere for cheaper. A dealer had 5 Axis wheels on a Prius one time. I asked him how much he'd sell them to me for. He shot a number off the top of his head. "$1500." See you pal, they're $150/ea online.

Dealers are great places to buy cars. But dealing with their service and parts department is where they try to get you. It's like the Apple Store. It's *the* place to buy a Mac, but their peripherals or 3rd party products go for retail (over-)price.

9. waiwaiet

waiwaiet New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Macmaster05, I totally understand what you are saying. To be honest with you I want to go aftermarket with 5-axis too. But then in where I am located (Arkansas) other than the Toyota dealership, I really don't know any good garage that I can trust(especially the sway bar)......also as someone on the forum said it before aftermarket often destory the resell value......that's my reasoning of wanting the plus package.....

10. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Why the overreaction? All I'm saying is it's silly to believe some random dealer website rather than the best source to Toyota. Dealers are notorious for misleading advertisements, including posting some stripped down car advertising an ultra low price as an attempt to get customers to come in only to push other cars on the them.

11. waiwaiet

waiwaiet New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Ok, cool thanks 32kcolors~

12. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Especially this place! The first two items should have been a clue, floor mats $99 (uninstalled) $199 (installed)! I'll install them for you for $50, doesn't take an ASE Certified Mechanic to throw some mats on the floor! TRD Wheels $399 (uninstalled), $1799 (installed)! OUCH! I'm thinking the local Goodyear joint could do it for much less than $1400! Given this cost ratio, there can't be more than about $700-$800 worth of parts included in that $2999 installed price for the kit... Just sayin...

13. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I got a kick out of their pricing as well.

Another red flag is "starting at $2,999." What's the "starting" point? Unpainted body parts? :p Considering that the kit costs the same when factory installed for a Prius Five (and $3,699 for other models), I don't see how that price is realistic, given the installation labor involved and the fact that the factory price takes into account the that you're just paying the incremental cost of the kit (vs. the standard parts).

14. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    ^ Yeah, it is obvious they want to sell you a brand new Five with the PLUS package.

15. vidoprof

vidoprof New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Had I really liked the WHOLE package I probably would have bought the Plus Package straight from the dealer, however I just didn't like the rims and the body kit all that much.. Wish I did cause this would have saved me some money... O well. Off to get my rims and tires selected.

Ryan

16. nickfromny

nickfromny Member since 2007

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Plus pak is a bargaiin. TRD will have it up for sale soon. Rubber $200 per skin x4 =$800
    Wheels $200 per wheel=$800
    Mounted $40 per= $120
    Stiffer rear sway bar $250 with new end links installed =$500
    Lowering Springs $50 each+ install $400
    JDM body kit $1,500, Paint $500, + install $200
    buying this kit aftermarket and having someone else install it all = $4,820 and that is a low guess.
    I'd keep the 15's, better power to weight ratio for quicker take offs and slow downs.

17. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nick, I'm pretty sure the 17" wheel package will slow you down faster than the OEM 15s.

18. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think that's what he said.

Is it just me or is the Gen II Modification forum dead? Somebody do something now!

19. HI MPG

HI MPG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Step up Mac! Go purchase some coilovers.

20. vidoprof

vidoprof New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'll have my car tomorrow. but its mostly ALL stereo.. Although I did get the backup cam and fog lights.. Will post pics soon.. MOVING now.. ugh.