1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Pork

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Bill Merchant, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I can't think of any other forum to put this in, so FHOP is now serving pork... :flypig:

I heard about this on The Splendid Table, a radio show from American Public Media that runs on Oregon Public Broadcasting on Sunday nights here.

Lynne Rossetto Kasper, the host, says,"What better main ingredient for a Prius recipe than pork? The pig is the hybrid farm animal par excellence - not in the genetic sense, but because it runs on whatever your care to feed it." You can get the recipe for Prius Pork HERE and listen HERE for technique (requires Real player.) It's from a book, Manifold Destiny: The One! The Only! Guide to Cooking on Your Car Engine by Chris Maynard and Bill Scheller and (Simon & Schuster, Revised, updated edition 2008). Copyright by Chris Maynard and Bill Scheller.
    [​IMG]

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Try making that on a Prius engine and make sure all your affairs are in order before you eat it. There would be just enough heat under a Prius bonnet to ensure every germ and bacteria in that dish had multiplied to toxic levels ready to strike you dead in an instant. Of course on a heat energy wasting American V8 it would be cooked to a tee.

Kept warn pork strips, yummy but please leave the Prius to Pat Sparks in your will.

3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I agree. Perhaps Sushi would be a better choice for the Prius. On short trips, I often don't get to the thermostat opening temp this time of year.

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    THis thread wreaks of spam.

5. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    mmmmm....Spam. Lovely Spam, Wonderful Spam.

6. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hmm,

I do not know. The Prius engine does not get very hot. Cooking Pork on it might give you triganosis.

The Prius engine is more of a baked fish (salmon - yea, yuummm) engine.

7. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think the inverter may be the best place on a Gen II Prius to cook, toast or heat stuff. It's hot, big and relatively flat.

One early morning before driving from Philadelphia to Cleveland, I picked up a couple of extra Geno's cheesesteaks for the road, with the thought that I would wrap them up in heavy duty aluminum foil and duct tape them down on the inverter. I remembered to bring the heavy duty aluminum foil but forgot to bring the duct tape. So I ended up with a couple of extra soggy and cold cheesesteaks for the road.