1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Pride

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by andrewrohn, Mar 20, 2011.

1. andrewrohn

andrewrohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    New Prius owner here. Picked up a '09 (on 3/15/2011) with a little over 50,000 miles and only paid $15,995! Thought I got a great deal (long story). Only owned it for a week now, and have fallen in love with it. I've noticed there's a strong sense of pride in Prii owners. (like how I used the plural form correctly? I did my research!) I am a die-hard Jeep fan, and it strongly resembles the pride Jeep owners take in their jeeps. I even got married at a Jeep Jamboree, that's the amount of pride Jeep owners have.

Anyways, just wanted to thank everyone who's posted on here for the information, and am looking forward to trying out the pulse and glide deal everyone's talking about. Also a HUGE thanks to the people who have taken the risk of buying the plug-in kits to test them out for the rest of us who can't afford one. You guys are so appreciated, becuase if it weren't for you giving feedback to the companies in ways to improve their technology and reduce the cost of production over time, guys like me wouldn't ever be able to afford one. You are true pioneers in a world-wide fight for less oil usage.

Thank you all, and thank you Toyota. (I never thought I'd say that)

2. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    :welcome:

Nice to see you! I haven't heard of a Prii owner get-together that had a wedding, but I have been to a few get-togethers that had some wild flirting, some deep drinking, and a whole lotta fun!
    Mostly, we just try to out-do each other on MPG! :thumb:

3. andrewrohn

andrewrohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That sounds fun, wish we had one here in Southern WI. I've averaged 47 MPG on the first tank (a good part of that was on the freeway home from Chicago), and now 43 on the second. I live in Richland County, WI which is literally the hilliest county in the state. I travel over 2 giant hills to get to the nearest town, and numerous other smaller ones, so I think I'm still doing pretty well for a newbie. Looking forward to getting that up into the 50's once I learn how to manipulate the pedal, and come into summer driving.