1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius problems in Japan.

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by justin time, Mar 28, 2010.

1. justin time

justin time Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    None to speak of.

My wife talked to her sister on Kobe(Japan) last night. She mentioned I just got a Prius and asked if they were also having all the problems there.

Seems to be primarily a US syndrome. Funny thing that.

2. bedrock8x

bedrock8x Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    It is because the mentality of the people here, if you complain and you will be compensated. This is why there are lawsuits against Toyota because lost of value of the Prius due to the recalls.
    Japanese people will not do that, they are taught not to do that with tolerance and respect.

1 person likes this.
  3. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    There are no Prius problems as such here either. Yeah we experienced the brake 'issue' but no run aways, or other Toyota problems you appear to be experiencing in the US.

Was talking to the boss of anothers manufacturers motor dealer the other day when he was in my car. He thinks the Toyota problem is all a load of hogwash and probably instigated by the US government as the problems have mostly occured in the US etc.

So even the competition outside of the US think that Toyota is getting a good kicking because they've got too big for their boots and the US government doesn't like a non US company being number one.

3 people like this.