1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Purchase Experience

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Firefighter, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Firefighter

Firefighter New Member

Although I've had the Prius for a month now, I thought I might pass along my buying experience.
    After calling several Toyota dealers who all said, we have none; there is a six month wait, etc. I called another dealer who had none but had one unclaimed coming in in 2 weeks. The salesman was a brand new young guy who never sold a car before. I told him not to move, I'd be in his office in 30 minutes. So I got there in 30 minutes. He said, "have you ever driven a Prius?" NO!. "Have you ever been in a Prius?" NO!
    "Have you ever seen a Prius? NO! "Well we don't have one here for you to test drive". I said that's OK, no problem. "Would you like to know what color the one coming in is?" I don't care! "Would you like to know what options are on the car?" I don't care. Now, I was really more polite than it appears.
    I said to the young man, I don't care about the color, options or whatever, just write up the paperwork, you don't have to sell me anything. Just tell me the price, whatever it is.
    He sat for a few minutes and looked like he was trying to figure out what was happening?
    Apparently, he had to give me the sales pitch by mandate, so I sat and listened politely. He filed out the paperwork and the Prius was ther two days later. :) Ed

2. Starfall

Starfall New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FieroGT @ Jul 30 2006, 06:27 PM) [snapback]294772[/snapback]</div>
    Now there's an experience this guy will NEVER forget!