1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius purchased by Toyota dealership (2015 Five Hatch - 36k miles)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Panagiotis Garbis, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Panagiotis Garbis

Panagiotis Garbis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I recently purchased 2015 Prius Five hatchback with 36k miles from my local Toyota dealership.

I bought the car and when I read the carfax, it looks like the car came from Florida and had 2 previous owners (both Florida based)

The car looks like it spent 2 months at the dealer (the reading says 1 and 3 miles for January and February) but the months prior, someone put 2800 miles on the car in just one month...which is a heavy amount.

My first question is....how reliable are the Toyota dealerships when they test hybrid batteries and used cars? I've already had to go back for an alignment so a part of me wonders if they didn't check anything else that I should be aware of.

My second question is...low mileage on an older model, is there anything I should keep an eye out for? Dated brakes? Older battery?

Thank you!

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    See my January 2019 and December 2017 postings.
    Check the age of the tires, by reading the U.S. DOT tire identification number on the sidewalls. The last four digits give the week and year the tire was made. If the tires are original, or show dry rot or severe cracking, consider replacing them, even if there is still tread remaining.

Panagiotis Garbis likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i think you're in good shape. 6 years old with 36k sounds like a keeper. and a florida car to boot.

all the best!(y)