1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Radio goes "pop" and loses memory

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by hpvamp, Jun 28, 2007.

1. hpvamp

hpvamp New Member

I have a 2006 Prius with the stock (non-XM, non-JBL) radio. For about the 4th time in the one year I've owned it, I was listening to the radio or CD, and all of a sudden, a POP sound comes from the speakers. Then the radio needs to be power cycled. After that, all of my preset radio stations are gone.

Has anyone experienced this problem before?

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I haven't experienced your exact problem, but losing presets points to losing 12V power, which could also make a pop if the radio lost power and got it back again. If nothing else is acting weird, like the driver-window auto-up works fine, I would suspect it's a power connection to the radio, not a connection at the 12V battery. Since it is intermittent, it might be a connection or a broken wire, maybe even a broken fuse.

Check the fuse first since it's easiest to get to, then make sure all connectors going into the radio are solid. If it's a broken wire, it may be hard to find. :(

3. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hpvamp @ Jun 28 2007, 10:54 AM) [snapback]469516[/snapback]</div>

You have a loose wire somewhere and it's randomly grounding. Take it to the dealer, it's gonna be a big PITA to find it.